The Student Room Group

AQA Further Pure 2 Exam Discussion Thursday 20th June 2019

How's everyone feeling for this exam?
Reply 1
Original post by mattiepearce
How's everyone feeling for this exam?

How did it go mate? Personally found it ok- not as bad as usual. How did you do the last part of the Argand diagram question? I got somat like z= 0+(6+sqrt3)i but not sure if it’s right
I actually thought it was harder than last year, more non standard questions. I reckon. If the boundaries are the same as last hear I've got just below 70 percent. Did you sit D1 as well?
Reply 3
Nah didn't sit D1, how was that? Ah, what questions did you find difficult? Think roots of polynomial Q and the last one asking for 3 quadratic factors were discriminatory. Also the proof by induction was a weird multiple sum question.

What's your thought on grade boundaries? I mean it's only people resitting who sat today, so wouldn't they be higher than usual.
D1 was a class paper, there's only 2 or 3 marks I'm unsure about. I found a few difficult last one was weird, and the Argand diagram question part j couldn't do with a couple of parts here n tnere, proof by induction was strange though, think I've done it though? Not included it in my estimate though.

And I reckon because it was harder they'll be about the same as last year because of the resitters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending