Birmingham City University - Parking x

Watch
Samsam31
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, does anyone know any good places to park around the Birmingham City University - Curzon building campus? I'll be travelling to university using my car, does anyone know any cheap places to park or free roads to park on? Thanks in advance, x
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Samsam31,

There's quite a lot of carparks in Digbeth that are just a short walk from campus and cheaper than some of the car parks in the centre of town. The Bullring / Selfridges has two big car parks but we won't advise using these as they are very expensive. You can sometimes find parking on the street in Digbeth too, which would be free, but these spaces are usually taken very early in the morning by commuters.

Personally, I find the app Waze to be really helpful when looking for parking. It often gives you the prices for each car park too and is a good way to have a back up, if the car park you get to is already full. This is also really helpful because there's so many changes taking place in Birmingham at the minute with HS2 developments, there's lots of varying road closures and car parks being shut down / re-situated and the traffic updates are really useful to have.

Something else to consider, is there a train station you can park at and then catch the train into the city centre? This might make the parking a bit easier and more accessible.

We do have an article here with some suggestions for car parking but would suggest you double check the prices and availability due to the constant changes: http://bit.ly/2RpM8iN

Hope that helps, please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Soph
Samsam31
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, thanks for your reply. I don't live too far from the Campus so I don't think it'd be worth catching the train. I'm just a 20 min drive away from the car park. Thanks for the information, I will definitely download that app. I have looked around and seen the New Canal Street Car Park, which costs £3.50 all day parking, which seems reasonable, and another car park near New Canal Street, that costs 80p an hour and they are only a 1/2 min walk from the campus.

Thanks for the info x
(Original post by Birmingham City University)
Hi Samsam31,

There's quite a lot of carparks in Digbeth that are just a short walk from campus and cheaper than some of the car parks in the centre of town. The Bullring / Selfridges has two big car parks but we won't advise using these as they are very expensive. You can sometimes find parking on the street in Digbeth too, which would be free, but these spaces are usually taken very early in the morning by commuters.

Personally, I find the app Waze to be really helpful when looking for parking. It often gives you the prices for each car park too and is a good way to have a back up, if the car park you get to is already full. This is also really helpful because there's so many changes taking place in Birmingham at the minute with HS2 developments, there's lots of varying road closures and car parks being shut down / re-situated and the traffic updates are really useful to have.

Something else to consider, is there a train station you can park at and then catch the train into the city centre? This might make the parking a bit easier and more accessible.

We do have an article here with some suggestions for car parking but would suggest you double check the prices and availability due to the constant changes: http://bit.ly/2RpM8iN

Hope that helps, please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Soph
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (96)
58.18%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (18)
10.91%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (21)
12.73%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (12)
7.27%
I haven't started researching yet (9)
5.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.45%

Watched Threads