The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Business management degree

Hi
I know this is a very common degree but if it is from a very gd uni such as St. Andrews (AAA) will it be a very strong degree?

Thanks
With work experience and good interview technique it can get you a well paid job, yes. I did the degree at a comparatively weaker university.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Thanks and if you don’t mind me asking what job do you have now
Original post by Themysticalegg
With work experience and good interview technique it can get you a well paid job, yes. I did the degree at a comparatively weaker university.
Business Graduate for a top Aerospace company. (Probably quite easy to guess, if you really tried so will leave it at that. :rofl: ) I did get into one final round interview and two video interviews for banks surprisingly at graduate level and one final round interview for a UK Government development bank (A-levels were pretty terrible at BCD which is a restriction for most banks but this won't effect you with AAA. :smile:) I never intended to go into banking so I didn't have the right work experience. (Was just curious whether I would get an interview) So it is definitely possible to get a very high paying job (£40k+) if you really try to get the right work experience. I basically applied for around 100 jobs at large international companies in a variety of sectors, with some I was more interested in than others. (I dodged applying for the most lucrative jobs except for banking. These include things such as asset management and finance etc.)
Original post by Jjjer
Thanks and if you don’t mind me asking what job do you have now
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks you so much this was really helpful
Original post by Themysticalegg
Business Graduate for a top Aerospace company. (Probably quite easy to guess, if you really tried so will leave it at that. :rofl: ) I did get into one final round interview and two video interviews for banks surprisingly at graduate level and one final round interview for a UK Government development bank (A-levels were pretty terrible at BCD which is a restriction for most banks but this won't effect you with AAA. :smile:) I never intended to go into banking so I didn't have the right work experience. (Was just curious whether I would get an interview) So it is definitely possible to get a very high paying job (£40k+) if you really try to get the right work experience. I basically applied for around 100 jobs at large international companies in a variety of sectors, with some I was more interested in than others. (I dodged applying for the most lucrative jobs except for banking. These include things such as asset management and finance etc.)

Quick Reply

Latest