Jjjer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
Could anyone tell me what is strongest business degree for employment and earning highest salary but also how enjoyable they all are.
This is because there are so many courses such as business management, business economics, international management etc.
maachu_pichuu
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jjjer)
Hi
Could anyone tell me what is strongest business degree for employment and earning highest salary but also how enjoyable they all are.
This is because there are so many courses such as business management, business economics, international management etc.
Depends what you find interesting, management is very different to economics, which is very different to finance. The most general "business" degree is Economics.

Economics and Finance is always a great combination.
Jjjer
Rep:
?
Thanks for this
(Original post by maachu_pichuu)
Depends what you find interesting, management is very different to economics, which is very different to finance. The most general "business" degree is Economics.

Economics and Finance is always a great combination.
Jjjer
Rep:
?
Thanks but which type of business course not including economics is best looked at but employees?
Thanks
(Original post by Jjjer)
Thanks for this
maachu_pichuu
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jjjer)
Hi
I would say employers like degrees which have a good element of maths in them, this is also true for academia. You will not get onto a PhD economics programme without a high level of econometrics at masters level. Something like BSc Economics and Econometrics is pretty solid.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jjjer)
Hi
Employers won't bother with your course title unless they're specifically looking for particular skills that some degrees offer, e.g. analytical , programming aptitude, or have already learnt the basic of their job from their degree. It's all dependant on what field you want to go into, and deciding on attending a strong department that offer lots of networking opportunities and other that'll strengthen your application (e.g. LSE, UCL, Oxbridge offering many student networking events, excellent career services as well as internships and work experience).

You'll find that most people working in business and finance have not done a business, finance or economics related degree. One thing you should know is that many of these business courses are essentially the same apart from the course name.

Anyways, your priorities should be to identify a course you're passionate about (you really do not want to do a course you hate, its very painful and demotivating); choose a university that excels in it; offers other opportunities and facilities (e.g. excellent career services, career related societies such as trading society); building your CV throughout the 3/4yrs at uni. Without experiences, you will not be able to put your foot on the door and will struggle to get jobs.
Last edited by kkboyk; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (49)
37.4%
No (68)
51.91%
I don't know (14)
10.69%

Watched Threads