The Student Room Group

accepted a place but seen another course, help!!!!

Hey, worried undergrad here.

I've accepted a place to study English and History at LB university, after deciding to decline my offers at Leeds, and York.

I thought I was happy with the course, but I've just found out I would have been eligible for special consideration at Leeds and York (the access schemes) and I also took another look at the courses.

I've found an ancient history course at Leeds that I didn't see when I was applying. And a similar course at York. I didn't see either of them on the course list when I applied, which I'm putting down to me not being that great with technology. (surprising for a millennial, I know.)

What can I do?

Would I be able to try and apply through clearing, even though I've already accepted an offer somewhere else?
Is it possible, and what would be my chances of there being a clearing place?

Has anybody else done similar?
Help!
Original post by caitlinkay
Hey, worried undergrad here.

I've accepted a place to study English and History at LB university, after deciding to decline my offers at Leeds, and York.

I thought I was happy with the course, but I've just found out I would have been eligible for special consideration at Leeds and York (the access schemes) and I also took another look at the courses.

I've found an ancient history course at Leeds that I didn't see when I was applying. And a similar course at York. I didn't see either of them on the course list when I applied, which I'm putting down to me not being that great with technology. (surprising for a millennial, I know.)

What can I do?

Would I be able to try and apply through clearing, even though I've already accepted an offer somewhere else?
Is it possible, and what would be my chances of there being a clearing place?

Has anybody else done similar?
Help!

you could go through clearing but you'd have to give up the place you already have. You can find out if it is in clearing in july but the list is more accurate just before results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending