The Student Room Group

Armpit fat??

Totally random and weird question

I have recently put on a bit of weight, I'm still under average weight, i'm a 21 yo girl and very slim, but tend to gain fat in my upper half if at all, and as i have quite broad shoulders i have recently gotten some annoying armpit fat (not under my armpits but at the front on either side of my breasts). It just makes my top half look much bigger overall, whereas if those pieces of fat were not there i would look skinny again. There isn't fat on my tummy area or anything. I am not experienced with exercises. I bought some 1kg dumbbells, but normal arm exercises just tone my biceps, don't change my pits.

Any tips?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by leopard202

I have recently put on a bit of weight, I'm still under average weight, i'm a 21 yo girl and very slim, but tend to gain fat in my upper half if at all, and as i have quite broad shoulders i have recently gotten some annoying armpit fat (not under my armpits but at the front on either side of my breasts). It just makes my top half look much bigger overall, whereas if those pieces of fat were not there i would look skinny again. There isn't fat on my tummy area or anything. I am not experienced with exercises. I bought some 1kg dumbbells, but normal arm exercises just tone my biceps, don't change my pits.

Any tips?

Cant spot reduce, the fat comes off where your body decides. If you have no fat anywhere else then weight loss will mean thats likely to be one of the only place it can come off.
Have you considered getting a bra fitting? You could be wearing the wrong size bra and it makes certain areas bulge more. Once I got the correct fitting it definitely looked better.

Any tips?
:frown: I did gain some fat in my bum area which i like and don't want to lose, but i'm sure that will be the first to go before the pits:s-smilie:
Original post by 999tigger
Cant spot reduce, the fat comes off where your body decides. If you have no fat anywhere else then weight loss will mean thats likely to be one of the only place it can come off.
Yeah i know my size! Maybe it is the cut of bra.. perhaps sports style ones hold everything in at once
Original post by Fermion.
Have you considered getting a bra fitting? You could be wearing the wrong size bra and it makes certain areas bulge more. Once I got the correct fitting it definitely looked better.
I haven't heard of armpit fat but I would suggest lifting because you can't spot reduce fat.
Yes it could be the wrong style bra for you. Go out and try some different styles x
Yeah i know my size! Maybe it is the cut of bra.. perhaps sports style ones hold everything in at once

Quick Reply

Latest