The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 6665 Legacy paper June 18 2019

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was that too initially but it was very odd for it to be 0
p was 0.6 and q was -360
Original post by orangestapler
There was a question where you had to find 2 constants, p & q??? I can't even remember the question but did anyone get q=0 hahaha
That question was bare weird, I just differentiated it didn’t get a q value at all. It was just one number I got like 74e^0.12t or something
There was a question where you had to find 2 constants, p & q??? I can't even remember the question but did anyone get q=0 hahaha
Even thinking about what could be on the spec for further mechanics makes me feel sick haha so good luck for that too and I'm sure you'll get the mark you want.
Original post by asifrob11
C4 I think will go well, hopefully don't live to regret saying that.
Further Mechanics 1 on Thursday too:frown: really nervous. And they clash!
Good luck to you too! S1 was the bane of my life - i commend you for taking s2 ahah
like how did you get A=16 what question?? thanks
Original post by JACKJACKPHYSICS
hi gang, i can’t remember a question where you had to find A, which was it lol? it rings a bell, but how did u do it??
Oops I meant 3:18 and 9:55
How did you get the 09:55 figure? I got the 3.03 but the other value for tan(x) was a -ve so I thought to leave it? (Probs wrong)
Yeah haha I thought that but just had to leave it bc couldn't think of anything. How did you get 0.6? Pretty sure I got 0.12x whatever the coefficient was
I thought it was that too initially but it was very odd for it to be 0
p was 0.6 and q was -360
Me too
Original post by Zaibmalik
I got like 3:03 am ans 9:55 am??
Sorry my bad! 0.12!!! and -360!
Yeah haha I thought that but just had to leave it bc couldn't think of anything. How did you get 0.6? Pretty sure I got 0.12x whatever the coefficient was
Original post by ChezPlayz
That question was bare weird, I just differentiated it didn’t get a q value at all. It was just one number I got like 74e^0.12t or something

SAME FHSJS I don't understand how people got an answer
The one where x=4 was a solution? I had no clue how to do the last part so had to leave it but I got a=8 and a=16 for part b.) (or whatever the penultimate part of the question was)
Original post by JACKJACKPHYSICS
like how did you get A=16 what question?? thanks
How did you get those? Did you have 15t+(100 and something degrees)=cos^-1(-5/(65^1/2)) or something like that?
Original post by waddupdatboi
Oops I meant 3:18 and 9:55
The last differentiation question was so nice, Easy 5 marks, overall not too bad on the trig identities this year
Reply 192
what did you guys get for the trig question pls x
Reply 193
How many marks was question 9?
Someone make an unofficial mark scheme my memory is ****
Wait I think I remember the question now, wasn't it

y=600e^0.12t+3000 and you had to find dy/dx? It gave you dy/dx=pe^0.12t+q and you had to find p and q
Sorry my bad! 0.12!!! and -360!
So you get 3.03 and 9.something hours, but you have to get the decimals into minutes so you got 3 hours and 18 minutes and then 9 hours and 55 minutes after midnight, thus it is 0318 and 0955
How did you get those? Did you have 15t+(100 and something degrees)=cos^-1(-5/(65^1/2)) or something like that?
(5)
(1)
(2)
Original post by ZaCHH
How many marks was question 9?
Ah I just put 3.03... (didn't round??) hours after midnight. Pissed I didn't get the 2nd one though. I'm pretty sure I got t15=45.45 and a -ve solution
Original post by waddupdatboi
So you get 3.03 and 9.something hours, but you have to get the decimals into minutes so you got 3 hours and 18 minutes and then 9 hours and 55 minutes after midnight, thus it is 0318 and 0955
don't you have to get 90 ums FOR C3 AND C4 so even if you get 100 UMS IN C4 AND YOU GET 87 UMS IN C3 you will still be capped at an A which is annoying tbvh.
I think they'll keep the A* as the same as last year 68 marks - really don't think it will be lowered.
Also with people complaining about the New Spec for Maths, I think they'll keep C3/4 high too for the A* so it's fairer?
Yup I am too! I think I got close 90 UMS for this paper (maybe 87/88?). C4 is my better unit so I think I can get my A* (fingers crossed)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending