Turn on thread page Beta

Don't think there is a thread for these yet.

Anyone doing either of these exams?

How'd you feel about it?

Im taking Unifying concepts, Should be alright Took CRS in Jan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Conda)
    Im taking Unifying concepts, Should be alright Took CRS in Jan
    Sameeee
    Unifying should be ok.

(Original post by Andy Conda)
    Took CRS in Jan
    Our chem teacher buggered off half way through teaching us the sylabus, so we were given the option of doing it in January, or waiting till they hired another teacher who would teach us and do it instead in Summer. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiscoPirate)
    Our chem teacher buggered off half way through teaching us the sylabus, so we were given the option of doing it in January, or waiting till they hired another teacher who would teach us and do it instead in Summer. :rolleyes:
    heh our teacher buggered off 2 weeks into the year so NOONE has taught us CRS.

Fortunately, unlike the rest of people in my class I've got a bit of backbone and taught it to myself, the others just sat and whinged about not having a teacher and did nothing about it.... idiots.

Anyways, I'm pretty comfortable about CRS and UCC. Got above 95% in CRS and UCC on average so it should be alright... It's always the last question in UCC that's a right *****. We call them BMQ, ******* mole questions.

ReputationRep:
    I'm confident about Chains Rings and Spec...less so with Unifying. I know the content for both well enough, but I haven't started doing timed past papers for Chains Rings and Spec yet and and I haven't done as much PP revision for Unifying at all

Biochemistry one week later is my real worry though. I've barely covered the spec let alone started doing past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Unifying concepts should be good. I find the hardest questions on this paper are coming up with mechanisms for reactions and the synoptic stuff. Other than that though the papers seems pretty repetitive though so should be alright.

ReputationRep:
    yup unifyin on thursday! i can't seem 2 find june 2007 past paper 4 unifying- can ny1 tel me where i can find it? thnkz!

Only got 81% in Jan 08 for CRS, arrgh you guy's get like 90%+ haha

I have AQA C4 on Thursday too, which should be fun Only need something silly like 34/75 on C4 to get an A overall

ReputationRep:
    ARGHHH i am not looking forward to unifying concepts! im not gonna do CRS since i got my A in jan

ReputationRep:
    I got 81% on CRS in jan but I'm retaking it because I think I can do better! Unifying Concepts is for the most part REEEEEEAAAAAALY simple, but yup sometimes the long calculation questions have a trick to them, and also you never quite know with the synoptic stuff, but if it's just straight out of AS modules its generally fine.

Oh and I'm regretting retaking CRS. It's one HUGE module isn't it!? I haven't started revising for it yet either! Let's just hope my memory serves me well...

ReputationRep:
    am i the odd one out cuz i find unifying concepts kinda hard...the synopitc stuff is ok...just that ph of weak acids/bases sometimes gets me...but im getting better with practice (i hope) i dont get any of buffer calculations....

ReputationRep:
    anyone got Unifying Concepts paper for Jan 08 and June 07 ? can't find these two anywhere at all ! : ( thx

ReputationRep:
    PM me with your email address and I will send you the Unifying concepts Jan 08 paper.

ReputationRep:
    thanks i have dropped u my email also

ReputationRep:
    aa

ReputationRep:
    i need an A too

ReputationRep:
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    *sighs with relief that she is only in year 12*

Good luck guys!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and buffers are horrid

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.