How do I get onto a good PPE course with science A levels? Watch

Helen288
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, i was wondering what i can do to maximise my chances of getting accepted onto a good politics, philosophy and economics course at uni because i don't do any of the usual subjects they like. I am studying biology, chemistry and art.

i have already limited my options by not doing a level maths or history but at the time i didn't know what degree i wanted to do. But now i am extremely interested in everything about this course and it is the only one i want to study.

I know i can read a few books on the subjects, and i was in politics society for some of year 12 but i need something else to make me stand out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Helen288)
Hi, i was wondering what i can do to maximise my chances of getting accepted onto a good politics, philosophy and economics course at uni because i don't do any of the usual subjects they like. I am studying biology, chemistry and art.

i have already limited my options by not doing a level maths or history but at the time i didn't know what degree i wanted to do. But now i am extremely interested in everything about this course and it is the only one i want to study.

I know i can read a few books on the subjects, and i was in politics society for some of year 12 but i need something else to make me stand out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Lots of places don't require A level Maths so I think you should be ok as long as you have a good grade at maths GCSE and pick carefully. If you struggle with the Economics element, your uni may allow you to switch to Politics and Philosophy after Year 1.

In terms of maximising your chances, the most important thing will doing well in your A levels and getting good grade predictions as many unis for PPE ask for AAA/AAB. It would be useful to rejoin the politics society for Year 13 and the debating society if your school has one. If your school doesn't currently run a philosophy club, maybe you could talk to them about starting one and then you would be a founder member
Jate
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m in this situation too and this is very helpful! Thanks
(Original post by harrysbar)
Lots of places don't require A level Maths so I think you should be ok as long as you have a good grade at maths GCSE and pick carefully. If you struggle with the Economics element, your uni may allow you to switch to Politics and Philosophy after Year 1.

In terms of maximising your chances, the most important thing will doing well in your A levels and getting good grade predictions as many unis for PPE ask for AAA/AAB. It would be useful to rejoin the politics society for Year 13 and the debating society if your school has one. If your school doesn't currently run a philosophy club, maybe you could talk to them about starting one and then you would be a founder member
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby