Could I possibly have ovarian cancer? symptoms ... Watch

KLouiseK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So a quick background information. Im 27 years old, have my first smear test at 25 came back abnormal cells and HPV positive. I went on to have 2 colposcopy and had the all clear. Since then ive suffered with endless water infections, a kidney infection, a large ovarian cyst and suspected endometriosis they found from an ultrasound scan when I was hospitalised last year for my kidney infection. They also diagnosed me with IBS. I have had persistent bloating during this period which is always there...this isn't something that comes on in a period. The last 2 months it has got progressively worse with me feeling extremely full all the time. I wake up in the morning and feel like I have already ate 2 breakfasts. I go to bed at night and feel I have had 6 meals. My bloated stomach is the size of a small football. I get abdominal and pelvic pain with it. It is a different type of pain to my endometriosis which is horrific stabbing pain. This pain is more horrendous discomfort of feeling completely full.

I am currently waiting for a 3rd phone call appointment with a new doctor tomorrow morning.

I guess I am slightly worried that this could be a sign of ovarian cancer due to my ridiculous bloating and feeling full all the time along with all of my other issues.... any thoughts? Can I demand that the doctor give me an ultra sound scan?
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s probably the IBS giving you the bloatedness. However if you’ve been feeling full and bloated for more than three weeks then go and see your doctor and explain your symptoms. Could also be a bowel obstruction somewhere that’s causing the bloated feeling as a result of a build up of gas and fluid.
Last edited by Fermion.; 4 weeks ago
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You do need to be examined by a doctor. Did they remove the cyst last year? Tomorrow just say you are corncerned it may be ovarian cancer and insist on an appointment.
(Original post by KLouiseK)
So a quick background information. Im 27 years old, have my first smear test at 25 came back abnormal cells and HPV positive. I went on to have 2 colposcopy and had the all clear. Since then ive suffered with endless water infections, a kidney infection, a large ovarian cyst and suspected endometriosis they found from an ultrasound scan when I was hospitalised last year for my kidney infection. They also diagnosed me with IBS. I have had persistent bloating during this period which is always there...this isn't something that comes on in a period. The last 2 months it has got progressively worse with me feeling extremely full all the time. I wake up in the morning and feel like I have already ate 2 breakfasts. I go to bed at night and feel I have had 6 meals. My bloated stomach is the size of a small football. I get abdominal and pelvic pain with it. It is a different type of pain to my endometriosis which is horrific stabbing pain. This pain is more horrendous discomfort of feeling completely full.

I am currently waiting for a 3rd phone call appointment with a new doctor tomorrow morning.

I guess I am slightly worried that this could be a sign of ovarian cancer due to my ridiculous bloating and feeling full all the time along with all of my other issues.... any thoughts? Can I demand that the doctor give me an ultra sound scan?
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You need to be examined. by a doctor asap. Tell the doctor tomorrow you fear it could be ovarian cancer and you want an appointment. Do not be fobbed off could be very serious due to history of cysts.

KLouiseK
Rep:
?
Still waiting to hear from the doctor. They said the ovarian cyst had gone about a month after they found it. Feel sick with worry
(Original post by Scotney)
You need to be examined. by a doctor asap. Tell the doctor tomorrow you fear it could be ovarian cancer and you want an appointment. Do not be fobbed off could be very serious due to history of cysts.
KLouiseK
Rep:
?
Just had blood tests done for celiacs disease, diabetes and ovarian cancer the CA125. Will find out my blood test results next week
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well done for getting the ball rolling on this Try not to worry too much while you wait though easier said than done I know. Did they do a physical examination at all.?
Just had blood tests done for celiacs disease, diabetes and ovarian cancer the CA125. Will find out my blood test results next week
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

It's good that you're getting tests done to find out what's going on, but we can't tell you if it sounds like or doesn't sound like cancer. We are mostly just a bunch of students totally unqualified to give medical advice. I hope you have a happy ending and get well again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (522)
59.32%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.43%

Watched Threads