frz75017
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I tried to do that exercice for 2 days but I still didn't know what to do..

That's the question :

Two particles P and Q, of mass 4 kg and 6 kg respectively, are joined by a light horizontal rod. The particles are initially at rest when a constant force F of magnitude 30 N is applied to Q, as shown in the diagram. The force is applied for 5 s. During the motion, the resistance to P has a constant magnitude of 2 N and the resistance to O has a constant magnitude of 4 N. Find

(a) the acceleration of the particles as the system moves under the action of the 30 N force.

(b) the speed of the particles after 5 seconds.

(c) the tension in the string as the system moves under the action of the 30 N force. After 5 seconds the force is removed and the system decelerates to rest. The resistances to motion are unchanged.

(d) Find the distance moved by P as the system decelerates.

(e) Find the thrust in the rod as the system decelerates.

Thanks for the help
mqb2766
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The diagram is given, so can you upload it pls?
Try to start by labelling the forces.
(Original post by frz75017)
I tried to do that exercice for 2 days but I still didn't know what to do..

That's the question :

Two particles P and Q, of mass 4 kg and 6 kg respectively, are joined by a light horizontal rod. The particles are initially at rest when a constant force F of magnitude 30 N is applied to Q, as shown in the diagram. The force is applied for 5 s. During the motion, the resistance to P has a constant magnitude of 2 N and the resistance to O has a constant magnitude of 4 N. Find

(a) the acceleration of the particles as the system moves under the action of the 30 N force.

(b) the speed of the particles after 5 seconds.

(c) the tension in the string as the system moves under the action of the 30 N force. After 5 seconds the force is removed and the system decelerates to rest. The resistances to motion are unchanged.

(d) Find the distance moved by P as the system decelerates.

(e) Find the thrust in the rod as the system decelerates.

Thanks for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (365)
67.1%
No (179)
32.9%

Watched Threads