Do Unis record their lectures for their students? Watch

TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Or do you have to do that yourself if you wish to do so?
Last edited by TheNamesBond.; 4 weeks ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Mine did recordings but I don't think it's on offer everywhere
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on the department. Even if they do you should go to them all anyway, if you can't spare an hour to see the lecture live then why should you expect to spend one watching it anywhere else where there are just more distractions.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Some do, some don't.

If they don't, you generally have to ask the lecturer to record the lecture yourself. Some people bring dictaphones etc.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Interea
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If the uni doesn't record them themselves you may need to seek permission to record - I know that part of my DSA report states that I am to be given permission to do so, which suggests this is not a given.

However, a lot of unis are moving towards this sort of thing, so you may be in luck.
TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Meowstic)
Depends on the department. Even if they do you should go to them all anyway, if you can't spare an hour to see the lecture live then why should you expect to spend one watching it anywhere else where there are just more distractions.
Nah I didn't mean that I meant it so I can re-watch the lectures for revision or similar.
mpaprika
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
my mum lectured in pharmacy, chemistry and biochemistry and had to record and post all of her lectures
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nah I didn't mean that I meant it so I can re-watch the lectures for revision or similar.
You'd have to check with the department - probably not something they'll promote much in case it encourages students to laze in bed rather than going in and using the expensive uni buildings.

Mostly I think watching recorded lectures would be a cure for any insomnia you're having, pretty common to have powerpoints available online these days though.

Lectures aren't really the most useful things on the timetable anyway - IMO you get more benefit out of the seminar/tutorials
maachu_pichuu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not really, some do, most give powerpoint notes or word notes online via moodle etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish