Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to a festival thing this weekend, so I wont be able to wash my hair from Friday to Monday. The problem is that my hair gets greasy in less than a day sometimes (yeah, I know, its because I wash it everyday) and the showers provided will be pretty disgusting if the toilets last year were anything to go by.

Anyway, ages ago by brother was telling me about spray you can spray into your hair to stop it getting greasy so quickly. Was he telling porkie pies or does that kind of product actually exisit? And where can I buy it?:confused:

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    it does actually exist, i used to use it til i ran out and couldnt be bothered to get any lol

What i had was a spray that when your hair starts to get greasy you just wet it, so its towel dried and then spray this stuff in, and it has like a shampoo and conditioner in together and jsut comb it through, it worked really well with my hair, and my hair gets really greasy after a day even though i don't wash it everyday!

I'll see if i can find it for you....

ReputationRep:
    Batiste Dry shampoo (superdrug is usually the cheapest!).

ReputationRep:
    I always use this at festivals. Just spray on your hair then brush out and it gets rid of the grease and freshens it up a bit. Smells nice too! Some people wash their hair under the tap, so you could always do that but I never bother. Everyone's in the same boat and looking rubbish - no one cares, you're there to have a good time I try not to look in any mirrors as well haha.

Edit: whoops veev beat me to it.

ReputationRep:
    Batiste is actually really really good.

I use it regularly. Spray on, rub in, brush/shake out.

Works a treat.

Just be careful to rub in properly or you will end up with white hair!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah bastiste is good. On the other hand when i went to a festival last year my hair didnt actually go greasy (which like you it does the day after i wash it), it just kind of got 'dirty', but not in a greasy way. I don't know what it was about camping...maybe just the amount of mud around?!

ReputationRep:
    my mum uses that batiste stuff too.

but, in case you did want a shower you can buy these things, it's like a pack of water and you leave it in the sun for a few hours to warm up, then hang it from a tree or something and it's a 15 minute shower.

edit: might be longer than that actually, I remember 2 of us being able to get a decent shower our of it.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i cant find it lol. Go with what everyone else has said lol

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks a lot guys, I'll definately buy some tomorrow.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.