Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I've just checked my school's specification and it went like this:
Yr 12 - this and this
Yr 12 - this and this
Yr 13 - this and this
Yr 13 - this and this

Okay, let me breathe because this is going to stress me out a lot.
So let me get this straight. If you do the topics you do in year 12, you don't do them at all in year 13 and it doesn't affect your grade for University right?
Does the grade you get in the end of year 12 matter? Or are those the ones you send to Uni?
And I'm seeing my History specification and less is covered in year 12 and there's a MASSIVE bulk which is 40% in year 13, now I'm confused.com - there's practically only a few months in year 13 and then you're sitting your A-Level exams.
e.g.
Year 13 - The Viking Age 790-1066
The Development of the Nation State: France 1498-1610
Britain and Ireland 1791-1921
China and its Rulers 1839-1989
and here in GCSE my teacher could barely cover 2 topics in year 11 without pausing every 5-10 mins.
I just don't know how I'll be able to cope, I so don't think I'll do well even though I care a lot about all of this and I work really hard, but the thing is I work so hard I get really stressed.
Help in answering these q's?
JackMoseley
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by liaente)
So I've just checked my school's specification and it went like this:
Yr 12 - this and this
Yr 12 - this and this
Yr 13 - this and this
Yr 13 - this and this

Okay, let me breathe because this is going to stress me out a lot.
So let me get this straight. If you do the topics you do in year 12, you don't do them at all in year 13 and it doesn't affect your grade for University right?
Does the grade you get in the end of year 12 matter? Or are those the ones you send to Uni?
And I'm seeing my History specification and less is covered in year 12 and there's a MASSIVE bulk which is 40% in year 13, now I'm confused.com - there's practically only a few months in year 13 and then you're sitting your A-Level exams.
e.g.
Year 13 - The Viking Age 790-1066
The Development of the Nation State: France 1498-1610
Britain and Ireland 1791-1921
China and its Rulers 1839-1989
and here in GCSE my teacher could barely cover 2 topics in year 11 without pausing every 5-10 mins.
I just don't know how I'll be able to cope, I so don't think I'll do well even though I care a lot about all of this and I work really hard, but the thing is I work so hard I get really stressed.
Help in answering these q's?
So with A levels, unless there’s coursework as well, you’ll sit all the topics in a couple exams at the end of year 13. This includes the year 12 topics.

The mocks you do at the end of year 12/beginning of year 13 are the grades you would send to UCAS as predicted grades (you discuss this with your teacher).

A levels can be challenging, especially with knowledge based things, but actually time fly’s by and do manage to finish it all. Some topics may only be brushed over as they may not be needed as much as others in the specification
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish