Pearson Edexcel to replace Further Maths paper due to possible breach Watch

candokoala
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our Pearson Edexcel will replace Further Maths paper due to possible breach article.

Read the full Pearson Edexcel will replace Further Maths paper due to exam leak article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
Last edited by candokoala; 4 weeks ago
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
so is this happening at the same school/college where the Paper 3 incident happened ?

:confused:
candokoala
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Yes, it appears so.
(Original post by the bear)
so is this happening at the same school/college where the Paper 3 incident happened ?

the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by candokoala)
Yes, it appears so.
the plot thickens .... :creep:
Ctrlbadger
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Wait which Paper exactly? I’m confused, it’s not Further Core as that’s already finished but I couldn’t see it mentioned
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They really need to lock those papers up somewhere safe
Ctrlbadger
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That’s not really the problem though, the papers are fine within Edexcel’s vault for nearly 2 years. It’s only when they’re distributed that they are usually leaked. All of these, ‘leaks’ are really the fault of the test centres. Although I agree that clearly the current distribution method doesn’t work
(Original post by Discrepancy)
They really need to lock those papers up somewhere safe
GreenDeath
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I believe the paper is the Further Mechanics 1 (FM1) which is one of the further maths optional modules.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GreenDeath)
I believe the paper is the Further Mechanics 1 (FM1) which is one of the further maths optional modules.
Correct. It is Paper 9FM0 / 3C, the Further Mechanics paper. Centres should receive replacements by Thursday morning. Any that don't can down load it on the morning.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Yes. Pearson's investigations into 9MA0 03 revealed that the same centre has compromised 9FM0 3C.
Last edited by Compost; 4 weeks ago
GreenDeath
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Compost)
Correct. It is Paper 9FM0 / 3C, the Further Mechanics paper. Centres should receive replacements by Thursday morning. Any that don't can down load it on the morning.
Oh so it does make it safer because the paper we were meant to sit was already in the centres? I doubt the further maths papers are at as much a risk with less students though, edexcel left it too late to act.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not sure what you mean by
(Original post by GreenDeath)
edexcel left it too late to act.
For who to act?
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Its mad that its the same centre, action needs to be taken against the schools involved. Maybe for a first offence schools could receive a small fine and probationary period but multiple breeches, I think a ban on hosting examinations, more hefty fine and a probationary period should be employed.

Now the problem is clearly students at the school should not be disadvantaged by their exam office (but neither should every other A level student).

It seems to me if a neighboring school or exam centre should be used for the students attending exams and the school should receive a ban (say 3 years) of hosting official exams, management at the school should be hit, 10% salary fine to all senior management and a school funding fine. I think schools would shape up fairly quickly if a strategy like this was employed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish

Yes (139)
61.23%
No (88)
38.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise