Boyfriend asked me if he could sleep with other girls last night when he was drunk Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Last night I called my boyfriend and he was drunk and telling me to come out way past 12am to see him and then he said he had flowers and gifts and **** I told him throw them away or give them to your mother I am not coming out at this time. It’s so inappropriate to tell a girl who lives with parents to come outside at that time.

Then he said that he was horny and that it was my fault for sending nudes and stuff and that if I give him permission he will go and sleep with someone else. Then I got angry and he was quick to change it and say that he wouldn’t sleep with someone else even if I said yes and he just wanted to see what I say.

He kept playing games and I kept refusing to come out then he made me feel like the bad person. I was so upset and spoke to my friend about it later in the morning. Fell asleep at 4am and kept waking up because I was feeling restless. He called a few times while I was sleeping and hasn’t apologised yet for his behaviour.

This behaviour is not like him he was behaving like a different person and I was really hurt. What should I do? Do I break up over this?

I have known him since I was 15 (a month before I turned 16) so we have been together for five years and I am 21 now. He is my first and probably last love. I don’t know if I can get over him. It hurts me a lot that he did that.
batter mix
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
People do stupid things when they are drunk. Don't breakup 5 years of relationship over this.

Doesn't mean you should ignore it though. Just speak with him about it and see how it goes.

He is probably hungover atm. Give him some time and space. Don't overthink this.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He was drunk, his thoughts were with you. He made inappropriate comments at a time when he was not in the right state of mind.

You will go through much bigger bumps in the road than this, you both will make much bigger mistakes.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Talk to him about it first before deciding what you're going to do.
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by batter mix)
People do stupid things when they are drunk. Don't breakup 5 years of relationship over this.

Doesn't mean you should ignore it though. Just speak with him about it and see how it goes.

He is probably hungover atm. Give him some time and space. Don't overthink this.
I'm a firm believer in the alcohol-just-removes-inhibitions-but-that-was-all-you-baby kind of theory on the effects of alcohol on behaviour. Unless you're blacking out (which he clearly wasn't as he was able to make complex discussions like this), you're aware of what you're saying, alcohol just makes you, if anything, more sincere.

OP: Obvs don't break up with him over this, he didn't even attempt to do (let alone actually do) anything for all you know. But let's not pretend Darth Vader mind controlled him into saying those things just cos he drank alcohol lol. Ask him if he feels like apologising and whether he really is satisfied with ur relationship.
batter mix
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
I'm a firm believer in the alcohol-just-removes-inhibitions-but-that-was-all-you-baby kind of theory on the effects of alcohol on behaviour. Unless you're blacking out (which he clearly wasn't as he was able to make complex discussions like this), you're aware of what you're saying, alcohol just makes you, if anything, more sincere.

OP: Obvs don't break up with him over this, he didn't even attempt to do (let alone actually do) anything for all you know. But let's not pretend Darth Vader mind controlled him into saying those things just cos he drank alcohol lol. Ask him if he feels like apologising and whether he really is satisfied with ur relationship.
Yes, and when the curtain of social propriety falls, we are all pretty much stupid.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

You may have a point, sometimes people just say things they think would be funny or a good wind up they would never say normally.

She should just have a heart to heart and find out what the crack is, people do do stupid things when they are drunk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.59%
No I am happy with my course choice (526)
59.44%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.35%

Watched Threads