Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have just dumped by boyfriend of 4 years
    we talked on the phone and i said it wasn't working
    it's to do with a lot of things but basically he treats me like **** and has a very fiery temper :frown:
    what should i do now?

move on, be happy you got out of it before his temper turned worse.

ReputationRep:
    Get busy forget him and please dont go back to him!
    Try to keep yourself busy, meet friends, go shopping etc

ReputationRep:
    get laid..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by pinkpink)
    i have just dumped by boyfriend of 4 years
    we talked on the phone and i said it wasn't working
    it's to do with a lot of things but basically he treats me like **** and has a very fiery temper :frown:
    what should i do now?
    Get on with the rest of your life and get over him, I guess. How you do that is up to you; distraction, as silly as it sounds, is often a good tactic.

ReputationRep:
    well if it wasnt working then i think its for the best, even though u might still love him or whatever you'll eventually get over him... i say go for a girlie night out with all mates and just have a ball. but dont get into another relationship, go enjoy the single life and have fun

ReputationRep:
    get over him, if he has a temper you better off without him. Keep yourself busy and concentrate on other things

ReputationRep:
    it'll be really weird to be single after four years of dating. just know that you will be alright

ReputationRep:
    Get Drunk

ReputationRep:
    yes, obviously i will 'get over it'
    i just worry i'll look back and regret it
    it wasn't an easy choice to make, we have a lot of history together
    he made me feel very guilty on the phone telling me he was trying to change
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by pinkpink)
    yes, obviously i will 'get over it'
    i just worry i'll look back and regret it
    it wasn't an easy choice to make, we have a lot of history together
    he made me feel very guilty on the phone telling me he was trying to change
    Ultimately, it's your choice. I can't say I don't feel sorry for him on the small amount of information you've given us, but I don't really know the situation.

ReputationRep:
    remember the reason why you broke up with him every time you feel like you are going to regret it.

move on, and get on with your life. There are plenty more fishy wishys in the sea

but i hope your ok !

things will be a bit crappy but will get better, promise.

ReputationRep:
    Its easy to remember the good times you had together, see the relationship through rose tinted glasses and 'forget' the reasons it didnt work out.

You need to remember the reasons you split with him, and although it will be hard, you need to realise that if he was already showing these negative traits, no matter what he says, he would think that because your putting up with his behaviour, that its acceptable, and you would have ended up miserable by staying with him....

ReputationRep:
    if u felt he treated u badly then obviously hes not the one for you
    dont regret something that was right at the time

im sure theres loads of other boys in the world who are even better for you than he was, just keep happy and remember you deserve better!

ReputationRep:
    go on holiday if you can! but if not, doing anything that is going to make you feel like a fresh start, however minor. even buying new clothes or change of hairstyle. have fun and be upbeat as possible, actively try to do some positive stuff that will make you feel good

ReputationRep:
    Get drunk, come see me.

ReputationRep:
    Stick to your guns. Your instinct said it wasn't working, and it sounds it was right. Keep in mind why you ended it every time you feel you're lapsing, or when he guilt trips you.

It's crappy being the one doing the dumping and it takes a lot of guts to do the right thing and break away from something destructive when you have had a lot of history together.

Keep yourself busy and cut yourself some slack, you never know what good things are around the corner. All the best

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.