The Student Room Group

Taking the pill whilst on the Implant

I’ve been on the implant now for around 3 months but started bleeding as soon as I got it put in so I’ve been taking the pill alongside it for 3 months straight no break. Now, I’ve came off of the pill and am currently on my period. Does anyone know if the bleeding will continue as I know on the implant bleeding can last months?
Original post by emilypotterrr
I’ve been on the implant now for around 3 months but started bleeding as soon as I got it put in so I’ve been taking the pill alongside it for 3 months straight no break. Now, I’ve came off of the pill and am currently on my period. Does anyone know if the bleeding will continue as I know on the implant bleeding can last months?

Best to pop and speak to a pharmacist or your GP. Every woman is different so there's no definite answer for your question.

Where you told to stay on the pill alongside the implant? Was it the combined pill?
A few people I asked had done the same and my cousins on the same implant and asked the doctors if it would have any side effects and they said it wouldn’t. And yeah it was Gederal which is combined. I’ve been perfect over the last 3 months to be honest, just don’t want to be on my period for ages again
Original post by black tea
Where you told to stay on the pill alongside the implant? Was it the combined pill?
A few people I asked had done the same and my cousins on the same implant and asked the doctors if it would have any side effects and they said it wouldn’t. And yeah it was Gederal which is combined. I’ve been perfect over the last 3 months to be honest, just don’t want to be on my period for ages again

I don't think you can the combined pill indefinitely alongside the implant, it's only given for a few months. I think the only way you will know what will happen with your periods is time really... Probably best to speak to your GP if you are worried or have questions.

Quick Reply

Latest