The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no dont be silly, us blokes have to put up with you girls moaning about your problems which is invariably worse
Reply 2
Yes it isnt easy when you're on during ur exams but if you're on the pill i guess you can always overlap them and miss it and the pain that comes with them.
Reply 3
stryker101
no dont be silly, us blokes have to put up with you girls moaning about your problems which is invariably worse

LOLLLL
Not all girls are on their period during their exams so I'd say the thread topic is pretty pointless really.
Quite a few girls take the pill nowadays and thus have the option of avoiding their period if they wish. If not, then we're used to dealing with it anyway, though it can make life a bit harder sometimes its not exactly a big deal.
Nothing that a few painkillers and some chocolate can't fix anyway.
Reply 5
apricot
Yes it isnt easy when you're on during ur exams but if you're on the pill i guess you can always overlap them and miss it and the pain that comes with them.

Yeah...but not every girl is on the pill

:smile:
If you take a couple of ibruprofen in the morning, I don't see how the majority of women can complain about it. Period pain is awful (one of the reasons I'm on the pill) but if I had an exam the next day, and had just started my period, I'd take painkillers the night before, then in the morning.

Anyway, guys have problems too. It's probably easier to take painkillers than have to sit there thinking of naked old people or something, that would waste more time...
sophisticated
Not all girls are on their period during their exams so I'd say the thread topic is pretty pointless really.
Quite a few girls take the pill nowadays and thus have the option of avoiding their period if they wish. If not, then we're used to dealing with it anyway, though it can make life a bit harder sometimes its not exactly a big deal.
Nothing that a few painkillers and some chocolate can't fix anyway.

I never said all but for those that are which it can be quite damning and stressful for them ..

and your opinion that it's pointless - you'll find some dont think that :smile:
Girls have been dealing with it for years, so having them during the exam month really isn't going to make it harder on us. You could say this about loads of things. Worse for us during exams, through big events, holidays etc.
Reply 9
nah, no way. It would be a bit petty to blame a bad results on "that time of the month" :rolleyes:
I came on my period and got really ill at the same time, so I didn't get chance to do much revision. But after the first 2/3 days I don't think period affects it. I mean, boys can have migraines in exams and that would be worse than a period.
Girls who take exams (usually GCSE) may tend to have irregular periods anyway, so they could miss their period or something during the exams, or they could just be pregnant.

So OP, you're saying that girls should get themselves pregnant before the exams to stop the periods and the pain?
Being female, I personally don't think I have it harder at all; just have to learn to deal with time of the month issues and get on with life.

Its no biggie, jeeze. :rolleyes:
During my GCSEs I had one day of absolutely crippling pain where I could hardly drag myself out of bed. I couldn't concentrate on anything. Didn't even fill out the whole paper. I don't really care, but I see how it could be devastating for some people.
Anonymous
I never said all but for those that are which it can be quite damning and stressful for them ..

and your opinion that it's pointless - you'll find some dont think that :smile:

Like I said, girls can cope quite well with their periods, we have had to deal with them every month for several years!
God knows what would happen to a guy like you if he had a period during an exam. Seems like you see it as an excuse to just give up and act pathetically.
Well, girls are tougher :p:
Reply 15
i think females have it harder because males are just more intelligent.. as proven by borat
We girls have delt with the pain and discomfort of periods for years... I wouldn't use it for an excuse. Just take a few ipruprophene, use a hot water bottle before you go and just get on with it, thats what I'd do anyway.
Dont be bloody ridiculous :s-smilie:

Unless you have severe period pain how on earth would it affect you :s-smilie:

Women are so bloody whiny :wink:
chernij
Girls who take exams (usually GCSE) may tend to have irregular periods anyway, so they could miss their period or something during the exams, or they could just be pregnant.

So OP, you're saying that girls should get themselves pregnant before the exams to stop the periods and the pain?

are you crazy (in a non offensive way:biggrin:)! as I never said that at all!!!

.....jeeze all Im saying is for those that have a crippling period during on an exam day do you think they have it harder than a person that doesnt including boys...I mean I know the whole some dont have a period during an exam jeeze I know everyone is different!! But im saying for those that do. Not all are on the pill, have missed periods, are pregnant exceptions.

:suitd:
I seem to have always skipped my period when important things like exams have come up. Stress really messes them up for me, it's not unusual for me to skip even if I've just been a wee bit stressed about things.

Latest

Trending

Trending