CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 17
Size:  16.3 KB

What are everyone's thoughts on the latest set of results?

It certainly looks like Boris is on track to be the next PM but maybe he'll mess up in the debate tonight, or votes will begin to cluster around one of the other candidates as more are eliminated or pull out (if that happens).

Personally I am not a Boris supporter and would prefer one of the others, although to be honest I think I would struggle to decide which one were I eligible to vote, as none really stand out. I am glad Raab was eliminated however.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Boris will win.

If Stewart wins, or even makes the final two I’ll put my underwear on my head and sing copacabana.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew97)
Boris will win.

If Stewart wins, or even makes the final two I’ll put my underwear on my head and sing copacabana.
I am definitely holding you to this!
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Raab gone is a roadblock cleared for Boris, now he's the candidate after the hardest Brexit achievable. Although there was never really doubt that Boris was going to run through this contest like a freight train in the first place.

Nice to see Stewart surviving another round, as a non-Tory he's the most palatable option on the ballot and not just because he's the only one acknowledging how dire a no-deal Brexit would be.

Hopefully the metaphorical shivs will come out for Boris in the debate tonight, if he's going to walk this contest I hope he comes out the other side with his public perception in absolute tatters.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Have you considered the fact that I might actually want to do it, I’m just looking for an excuse?
The Mogg
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of anyone in this Leadership Contest. It's kind of just who's the least s*** out of them, and for me that's Boris. Had Moggy stood in the contest, it would be a whole different matter!
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's now almost a certainty that borris will be the next PM, he has so much support he can almost rig who he wants to 'fight' in the final two!
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Have you considered the fact that I might actually want to do it, I’m just looking for an excuse?
Haha fantastic!

As for the serious comments in this thread, I agree that Boris looks set to win. I’m just hoping for a surprise.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Boris will win.
RIP UK

If Stewart wins, or even makes the final two I’ll put my underwear on my head and sing copacabana.[/quote]

If I give the Russians a bell do you think i can make this a reality?
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of anyone in this Leadership Contest. It's kind of just who's the least s*** out of them, and for me that's Boris. Had Moggy stood in the contest, it would be a whole different matter!
Indeed, he would have been the biggest turd of the pile.
(Original post by Gofre)
Raab gone is a roadblock cleared for Boris, now he's the candidate after the hardest Brexit achievable. Although there was never really doubt that Boris was going to run through this contest like a freight train in the first place.
On the flip side though, at least it proves beyond any reasonable doubt that these cockroaches really do put party before country.
Nice to see Stewart surviving another round, as a non-Tory he's the most palatable option on the ballot and not just because he's the only one acknowledging how dire a no-deal Brexit would be.
Hope springs eternal for this chap. His books rather interesting as well, unlike the rest of them he's actually led a very exciting life - not just railing coke on fleet street or banging the secretary...
Hopefully the metaphorical shivs will come out for Boris in the debate tonight, if he's going to walk this contest I hope he comes out the other side with his public perception in absolute tatters.
Why only metaphorical? :rolleyes: In fairness to him though his public perception is already (arguably) in tatters. He used to draw most of his support from the middle classes and city dwellers who now seem to despise him with a passion.
tenacity
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Based on their voting records, there is almost nothing to separate the candidates. Boris is probably the most moderate if only because he doesn't vote as often as the others.

Hunt is a veritable sociopath who is more responsible than anyone else for the NHS literally falling down. I thought him invoking the experience of a self-harming young woman was revolting given that savage cuts to mental health services were his orders.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh no, what a pity,
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
It's now a Boris-Hunt showdown. Andrew97 how did it feel seeing Gove knocked out?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's now a Boris-Hunt showdown. Andrew97 how did it feel seeing Gove knocked out?
Not great, since I was confident he would get through given the ballot earlier in the day. And I felt a Boris Gove showdown would be better than Boris Hunt.

But, on the bright side I don’t have to sing Copacabana whilst I have my undies on my head.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Not great, since I was confident he would get through given the ballot earlier in the day. And I felt a Boris Gove showdown would be better than Boris Hunt.

But, on the bright side I don’t have to sing Copacabana whilst I have my undies on my head.
He was doing better than Hunt at that ballot so it did seem he was pulling in front, but alas.

Shame.
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
At least one of the MPs for Surrey are still in the contest. I did say I'd vote for anyone but Boris so guess I'm going with Jeremy Hunt. Would of wanted Gove though would of given Boris a proper fight in the hustings.
Last edited by Themysticalegg; 4 weeks ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

I think the borris camp fixed it to be Hunt vs Johnson so they can get their man in no 10.

Personally I don't understand why you would want either, and I'm a pretty hard core Brexitier.
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Life after the top jobs . . . look vacant or look busy

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 11
Size:  82.3 KB

(taken yesterday)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (142)
61.47%
No (89)
38.53%

Watched Threads