The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dodohead
Is this in the spec as our class havnt learnt this??!?!

well, not really but it is difficult to appreciate the idea of brownfield and greenfield sites if you have no conception of common patterns of land use. It's not difficult and helps to put things in context that's all!
Are microclimates and urban heat islands, the same sort of idea?!?
Because I can find loads of info about urban heat islands and I think that I can understand what they are but I can find little information on microclimates, in any of my revision guides...
Also can anyone suggest any past papers so I can have a look at the structure and try answering a few questions, so I can come to terms with exactly what the examiners are looking for...
Hope all your revision is going well..
Reply 22
Yes they are similar in the sense they are small-scale localised variations. However there are other variations eg aspect, frost hollows etc and of course farmers develop micro-climates deliberately eg using greenhouses, polythene tunnels, irrigation etc
Reply 23
Geogger
well, not really but it is difficult to appreciate the idea of brownfield and greenfield sites if you have no conception of common patterns of land use. It's not difficuly and helps to put things in context that's all!

Oh ok thanks!
Reply 24
Can anyone help me with this please - The France case study for a Thermal power station - i don't understand as they mainly use nuclear and it is clearly said in the book :? or does nuclear count as thermal?
Reply 25
dodohead
Can anyone help me with this please - The France case study for a Thermal power station - i don't understand as they mainly use nuclear and it is clearly said in the book :? or does nuclear count as thermal?

nuclear counts as thermal i believe. i remembered being asked that in the mocks and i put that down so it is a form of a thermal.
Reply 27
xrawriorx
nuclear counts as thermal i believe. i remembered being asked that in the mocks and i put that down so it is a form of a thermal.

Thanks!
Eeekkk, tomorrow people...
Good luck to ALL of you doing the exam :smile:
Sure we'll all be fine...
Reply 29
Good luck folks.
Just remember it's on Settlement and Employment / Population and Resources and then EITHER Weather OR Water / EITHER Farming OR Tourism.
Don't forget to look at OS maps and how to do grid refs as these topics are easy for the examiners to set map questions on.
Geogger
Good luck folks.
Just remember it's on Settlement and Employment / Population and Resources and then EITHER Weather OR Water / EITHER Farming OR Tourism.
Don't forget to look at OS maps and how to do grid refs as these topics are easy for the examiners to set map questions on.

Thanks Geogger once again for all of your help..
Yep will do, just been revising grid references and maps just a minute ago...
Good luck again people and don't panic...
Yes thanks Geogger for your help especially with the DME- your notes were so good! Good Luck to everyone aswell
Reply 32
my name is persian.royalty

il explain later

:smile:
REMEMBER NOT TO DISCUSS THIS EXAM
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=83&a=86

Its a mistake I have made many times :frown:
Reply 34
BromleyBabe
Well, personally I didn't find that exam too bad :smile:
I certainly found it better than the DME and my teacher apparently is gonna complain about the part B being put in on the end of the DME and one of the options being taken away in the higher paper :P Lol
How did everyone find the final paper?!?
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for the higher paper?!?
If so let me know please :smile:
Many thanks again geogger..

DELETE YOUR POST! YOU'L GET WARNEDDD!
Well we can all talk now! How did everyone find it?
Yeah I didn't know about that rule...
Only joined last week but thanks for letting me know you lot :smile:
Ok I think *fingers crossed*What are the grade boundaries for the higher paper?!?
Thanks again Geogger for your help
Grade boundaries are usually just under 80% for an A* including c/w.

btw someone from bromley! :biggrin: its a small world...
Robbie10538
Grade boundaries are usually just under 80% for an A* including c/w.

btw someone from bromley! :biggrin: its a small world...

Ahhh I hope I do well lol :P
Good luck to you to..
And yeah, what a small world :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending