Whats harder? Economics or Maths (Both Edexcel A Level) Watch

hwpo1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Debating whether to drop Economics or Maths. I don't need either to get into the uni course im applying for so I would want to pick the easiest one.

Which would you say is easier to get an A in for A level?
Rinju
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on your strength really . Economics at A level is easier. In uni they're equally difficult and time consuming.
hwpo1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rinju)
Depends on your strength really . Economics at A level is easier. In uni they're equally difficult and time consuming.
Did you do both Maths and Economics?

Im okay at Maths. I got an 8 at GCSE
kurro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It does depend on you, but a majority of students would say maths is harder than economics.
My friend had an A* at GCSE maths and a distinction in additional maths. He then got a C for A level maths. Re-sat the year, chose economics and got A in AS.
hwpo1
Rep:
?
(Original post by kurro)
It does depend on you, but a majority of students would say maths is harder than economics.
My friend had an A* at GCSE maths and a distinction in additional maths. He then got a C for A level maths. Re-sat the year, chose economics and got A in AS.
Oh right. Thanks for your reply.

Would you say that doing Economics instead of Maths could make it harder for me to get into Dentistry?
kurro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I checked a couple of university requirements for dentistry.
Basically, you need chemistry and biology. The last could be any other subject. So you can take economics if you want to. Or you could take maths, economics, chem and bio then drop either math or economics in the first 3 weeks.
(Original post by hwpo1)
Oh right. Thanks for your reply.

Would you say that doing Economics instead of Maths could make it harder for me to get into Dentistry?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish