Turn on thread page Beta

What a way to blow nearly £2000 (F1 Related) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Was checking for ticket prices and came across this: http://www.silverstone.co.uk/php/co_...ddockClub.html

It looks amazing but i doubt i would even get to watch the races like they do. As it says "star-studded guest list". You would have to be minted to waste that much money on those types of seats.

For Friday/Saturday & Sunday its over £2000, and thats per person.

We can only dream eh'.

ReputationRep:
    I hate F1 :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terryw)
    Whats the point in this thread?
    There does not have to be a point to everything. Some people may be interested and amazed. Just like i was.

ReputationRep:
    does f1 even count as a sport?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steve2006)
    I think anything where you encouter 5G and sweat buckets counts as a sport

If I had 2 K to get rid of though, this is one the ways I would spend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducki)
    I think anything where you encouter 5G and sweat buckets counts as a sport

If I had 2 K to get rid of though, this is one the ways I would spend it.
    If i had it to spend I would probably agree.

ReputationRep:
    It's infinitely more manly than kicking a pig's ballsack on grass - that's one fact we can all be assured of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cereal Killer II)
    It's infinitely more manly than kicking a pig's ballsack on grass - that's one fact we can all be assured of.
    Hear hear.

Although not as manly as picking up the pig's ballsack and running with it at some 18 stone monster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cascadingstylez)
    Was checking for ticket prices and came across this: http://www.silverstone.co.uk/php/co_...ddockClub.html

It looks amazing but i doubt i would even get to watch the races like they do. As it says "star-studded guest list". You would have to be minted to waste that much money on those types of seats.

For Friday/Saturday & Sunday its over £2000, and thats per person.

We can only dream eh'.
    Hmmm, I dunno, I think if I was into F1 in a big way, it would be worth putting aside a few hundred pound per year as a treat.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it does, why wouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    F1 drivers are among the fittest people in the world... fitter than most athletes. If sport is defined as "Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively" (which was the first definition when I did a google search for a definition of sport), then F1 is definitely a sport.

But to the OP... I wouldn't blow 2 grand on that. Unless perhaps I was very rich. Sadly, I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^ agreed with ducki

f1 stopped being sporting a long time ago!

2K for three days! thats a bargin! £4300 for debenture on the final sunday of wimbledon via sportsexclusive. although my brother got it free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducki)
    Hear hear.

Although not as manly as picking up the pig's ballsack and running with it at some 18 stone monster.
    Which in turn is shot down by this -

Bricks, excreting, etc.

Regardless, there are better ways to spend £2k than sitting next to a track. For instance, a wire transfer to the "Cereal Killer Tuition Fees Fund, Registered Charity #1385406".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cereal Killer II)
    :rofl:

£2000 is a lot but that's for the all out hospitality thing, you can go and get good seats for a lot less than that. Hopefully I will go to a grand prix one day, I just need to get myself organised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stryker101)
    f1 stopped being sporting a long time ago!
    The amount of Gs they have to take and amount of heat they have to endure for a good 1-1.5 hours isn't easy so how would you not call it a sport

ReputationRep:
    I have 2k spare , It does sound like a good weekend out. Perhaps I would meet Max and get invited to one of his parties :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    If you have 100k to spare you could crash into the back of a Ferrari waiting at a red light and cause lots of damage.

(Original post by JonnyM32)
    The amount of Gs they have to take and amount of heat they have to endure for a good 1-1.5 hours isn't easy so how would you not call it a sport
    how physically exerting or tough something is doesnt make it a sport
    although anyway i meant sporting in the 'its just not cricket' unsportsman like behaviour sense of the term. team orders telling one driver to slow down etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shmerm)
    If you have 100k to spare you could crash into the back of a Ferrari waiting at a red light and cause lots of damage.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 10, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.