Pill Watch

tunknownst
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am on my 5th day of the 21 days taking my pill but i have run out and still need to carry on taking them. I dont get any more till the morning wich means i miss out on one tonight. If i take one in the morning will it still protect me and work the same?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tunknownst)
I am on my 5th day of the 21 days taking my pill but i have run out and still need to carry on taking them. I dont get any more till the morning wich means i miss out on one tonight. If i take one in the morning will it still protect me and work the same?
Check the leaflet but with most past 3/12 hours you wouldn't be protected.
tunknownst
Rep:
?
So if i take it within 12 hours after the time i usually do i should be okay? Im going to check through the leaflet now thank you
Last edited by tunknownst; 4 weeks ago
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So if i take it within 12 hours after the time i usually do i should be okay? Im going to check through the leaflet now thank you
It depends on the pill, but for most you do have 12 hours to take it. I you don't manage to take it within 12 hours, you will need to either abstain from sex or use condoms for a week.
tunknownst
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
It depends on the pill, but for most you do have 12 hours to take it. I you don't manage to take it within 12 hours, you will need to either abstain from sex or use condoms for a week.
Thank you so much.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Which pill are you on? Certain ones are very time dependent, others (mine for example) say that you're still protected if you miss a pill but you should take it as soon as you remember, even if that means taking 2. Any more than 1 missed in a month is a pregnancy risk. And how have you ran out? Contraceptive pills are usually provided in strips of 21 with days written on them, so one strip per month.
tunknownst
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Which pill are you on? Certain ones are very time dependent, others (mine for example) say that you're still protected if you miss a pill but you should take it as soon as you remember, even if that means taking 2. Any more than 1 missed in a month is a pregnancy risk. And how have you ran out? Contraceptive pills are usually provided in strips of 21 with days written on them, so one strip per month.
I am on a contraceptive pill called rigevidon and i ran out because i had something on and had to start my 7 days off a few days urly.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am on a contraceptive pill called rigevidon and i ran out because i had something on and had to start my 7 days off a few days urly.
You can run packs together without taking a break if you need to, and then just take a 7 day break after the 2 packs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (525)
59.39%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.37%

Watched Threads