The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen or Fontys University of Applied Sciences

I've already graduate from High School, I applyed for and I have conditional offers from the both universities - University of Aberdeen or Fontys University of Applied Sciences. I will study and develope in the Computer field. The both universities have theis pros and cons and I am still wondering which one to choose. I would be happiy if someone shares their experince and give advice :smile:
Hello Dimano00,
How are you today? :smile:

If you are choosing to study applied sciences and you have a career in mind, look at the courses and what value they can give you in terms of subject knowledge and wider potential to work in a variety of similar areas in your career if you want to. If you are not sure what you want to do in terms of career but you like the subject then maybe start researching potential careers. You can contact the careers service (We have one here at Aberdeen) for example or look at the Prospects website. This website is good at explaning careers. Hopefully from doing a bit of research you will narrow down a few ideal careers or think about the potential to become self employed. You may also think about further study or research to get to where you want to be.

Once you have done this and come up with some conclusions or more information about what you really want to focus on you can then discover more about facilities, support, accommodation and lifestyle. You will be at university for 3/4 years so it is important to feel at home wherever you choose. You need to know that you will make friends easily, really enjoy your experience and join societies, keep fit, enjoy sports, travel, find activities on campus and so on. These are also important factors in just how much you enjoy your studying and experience.
I hope this helps and good luck with your studies wherever you decide to study! :smile:
Original post by Dimana00
I've already graduate from High School, I applyed for and I have conditional offers from the both universities - University of Aberdeen or Fontys University of Applied Sciences. I will study and develope in the Computer field. The both universities have theis pros and cons and I am still wondering which one to choose. I would be happiy if someone shares their experince and give advice :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending