Brexit lesson Watch

serenam00
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello everyone,
I know it may sound Weird but is anybody up for a short lesson about Brexit? I' d like to know something from a person inside the UK.
If you are available for that, please send a message!
Alaska215
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sure Brexit means leaving the European Union job done
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Long and short of it is,

- The Conservatives took us into Europe in the 70's with a female politician taking a lead role in a pro Europe. Labour was bitterly against European model but the British agreed with above political figure and later elected her as our PM.

- Since joining the EU the North of the England has suffered poverty and manufacturing has collapsed dispite us being told Europe would save manufacturing in the UK.

-The European Union grew to what is is today and gained political control, over its member states, has influence into certain aspects particularly the education industry which was created by a new labour political figure a decade or so later.

The Conservatives became deeply unpopular with the electorate and internally divided over if we should continue to be a part of a ever controling EU.

-In 2015 the Conservatives decided to capitalise on the anti European vote in the UK to gain a majority government, following electoral failure after electoral failure over several years, by offering a in out referendum on European Union membership.

- The Conservative Leader at time did not contemplate the fact that Britain would actually vote to leave the EU and made very little effort in the campaign to remain.

- disgruntled voters around the country voted to leave the EU.

- the political elites don't want us to leave the EU so we haven't.

That's about it.

-
TS33
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
R e m a i n
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TS33)
R e m a i n
That's what the stubborn, intolerant, brainwashed or bigoted think Brexit means. However it actually means the mirror oppersite!
TS33
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
That's what the stubborn, intolerant, brainwashed or bigoted think Brexit means. However it actually means the mirror oppersite!
o h
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (143)
61.11%
No (91)
38.89%

Watched Threads