Report 4 weeks ago
They are all clowns
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
RavenclawOwl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ngl I just want to find out where all these 'detailed plans' are that Michael Gove talked about in every response. Buffoons.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Now now, wouldn't you welcome a 10p increase in your annual wage?
I would of course
RavenclawOwl
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also love how they mentioned tax cuts and boosts to mental health in virtually the same sentence.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RavenclawOwl)
Also love how they mentioned tax cuts and boosts to mental health in virtually the same sentence.
That's why I liked Rory best - he was the only one to point out you can't have everything and therefore it wasn't logical to talk about tax cuts when public services are already under resourced.

He's seems like a left of centre Tory like Tony Blair was a right of centre Labourite....
RavenclawOwl
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Agreed, best of a bad bunch I'd say, not that there is really any proper opposition anymore. Just wish they'd shut up already about the bloody will of the people - it's all well and good but that 17.4 million that gets thrown around didn't all vote for the same Brexit and it annoys me so much when idiots like Boris act like it's some legal mandate to carry out a No Deal Brexit.
(Original post by harrysbar)
That's why I liked Rory best - he was the only one to point out you can't have everything and therefore it wasn't logical to talk about tax cuts when public services are already under resourced.

He's seems like a left of centre Tory like Tony Blair was a right of centre Labourite....
OriC13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Johnson and Javid came out of that quite well off, except their similarities will likely hurt Javid in the long run- Johnson ducked under those questions like a pro :laugh:
Hunt was useless, the only memorable thing that came out of his mouth was him admitting that his social care cuts went too far and he messed up mental health services (like anyone could miss the mess he made as Health Sec).
Gove spent more of his time attacking Corbyn than saying anything productive (although he does loving playing the orphan in care card).
Stewart is very unlikely to survive that travesty, I can see his point of view, but dear god most of his policies were so unviable and basic I couldn't deal with them- Parliament is there to represent the people, the people wanted Brexit and if that means no-deal then no matter what Parl say, no deal Brexit should be delivered in order to carry out the will of the people, no matter the "legality" of the situation.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’d like them to be asked about Iran and what their view on war with Iran is if America decides it will. Just so they speak out on it, bring attention and are tied to their words (if they say yes, they will lose support. If they say no, they won’t be able to say yes in the future without struggle.)

I’m all for regime change in Iran, but it should be a coup style change not a war
RavenclawOwl
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's the thing though - we don't know the will of the people in those terms. Maybe the majority of them wanted a deal and would rather remain that have a no deal - I don't care how unlikely that is, the point is that we don't know. We can't throw around the 'will of the people' in such a blase manner, not to mention the fact the half the country never voted in the first place.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
the people desperately need a BJ to help them feel better about themselves.
RavenclawOwl
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol
(Original post by the bear)
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Missed Holby City for this.
OriC13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
"half the country" is a vast exaggeration- 72.2% was the turnout for the referendum, which is quite frankly, the highest turnout we've had for any type of UK-wide vote in decades. Also, considering in the past few days 63% of Tory party members are willing to see Scotland leave the UK in order for Brexit to happen, 61% would allow significant damage to the economy and 59% believe that Northern Ireland leaving the UK is worth it, it stands to reason that those who support the party in power (voted in via the people) are willing to back even the most disastrous no-deal scenario in comparison to no Brexit at all.
That's the thing though - we don't know the will of the people in those terms. Maybe the majority of them wanted a deal and would rather remain that have a no deal - I don't care how unlikely that is, the point is that we don't know. We can't throw around the 'will of the people' in such a blase manner, not to mention the fact the half the country never voted in the first place.
RavenclawOwl
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just goes to show how obsessed with sovereignty people are - a member or the Brexit party said it'd take us 30 years to start seeing any economic benefits from Brexit. As for the Tory party - none of their candidates are fit to run this country. We're screwed and will probably be stuck with Boris.
(Original post by OriC13)
"half the country" is a vast exaggeration- 72.2% was the turnout for the referendum, which is quite frankly, the highest turnout we've had for any type of UK-wide vote in decades. Also, considering in the past few days 63% of Tory party members are willing to see Scotland leave the UK in order for Brexit to happen, 61% would allow significant damage to the economy and 59% believe that Northern Ireland leaving the UK is worth it, it stands to reason that those who support the party in power (voted in via the people) are willing to back even the most disastrous no-deal scenario in comparison to no Brexit at all.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Agreed, best of a bad bunch I'd say, not that there is really any proper opposition anymore. Just wish they'd shut up already about the bloody will of the people - it's all well and good but that 17.4 million that gets thrown around didn't all vote for the same Brexit and it annoys me so much when idiots like Boris act like it's some legal mandate to carry out a No Deal Brexit.
But a meaningful Brexit is the will of the people, its been backed up by subsequent elections
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by 3121)
I’d like them to be asked about Iran and what their view on war with Iran is if America decides it will. Just so they speak out on it, bring attention and are tied to their words (if they say yes, they will lose support. If they say no, they won’t be able to say yes in the future without struggle.)

I’m all for regime change in Iran, but it should be a coup style change not a war
Great point, and another that would of been asked if we did not have Brexit tarring everything in politics!
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
Now that's the will of the people
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Yes we can, over and over leave parties have won elections. Two new parties have been born 0ne pro remain with power and influence via Having MPs and another from scratch with no MPs, no manifesto and only one policy - leave on no deal. Who won the last national poll, the new party with no manifesto and one policy to LEAVE WITH NO DEAL!

If you don't vote you are not entitled to a vote, plus the 2016 vote had near record breaking turn out! Leaving the European Union is the will of the people simple as that, and we was told over and over it would mean leaving the single market and customd union.
username4706050
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In fact, I've heard many people who voted remain say that given the opportunity again in a second referendum (which is an insult to democracy anyway), they'd vote leave.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Now that's the will of the people
this Brexit™ farce has gone on long enough.only Boris is equipped to give the British Public what they want. the other candidates are willing to go soft, but Boris will stay hard until the end and will only pull out if people say No.
we have tried a TM, are desperate to avoid a JC; it is time for us to try a BJ....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (144)
61.28%
No (91)
38.72%

Watched Threads