1.2k PC build W peripherals Watch

ToysAreUs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How is it ?
Compatibility wise (motherboard)?
should I change some things up to save money ?
Should my PSU be fully modular?
Bad choice of GPU for money ?(I wanna run most games fast and smooth)
https://imgur.com/hQqqbgE
Thanks I've been doing research but could do with all the advice available!
mxlik7123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
your case costs twice the price of your ram...
(Original post by ToysAreUs)
How is it ?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
How is it ?
I wouldnt build now but wait 3 weeks till Ryzen 2 benchmarks come out as well as Navi 5700 (although this may not be as attractive).
People are very hopeful of the next Ryzen 5 either 3600 or 3600x and it may also force the price of the 2600 down a bit.

The MB is fine although I prefer the msi pro carbon B450.
I would get the corsair MP510 for the ssd which is £5 more, but more capacity.
Not sure I would buy such an expensive case, but find one you like or consider 2nd hand. same for kb and mouse.
Same for graphics card. You might be just as well off with a 1660 or 1660ti.
Lot of savings could then boost your monitor to a 27inch 144hz version.

Your build is coming along though. Just case of priorities and what matters looks v performance.
ToysAreUs
Rep:
?
Yeah about that XD who cares its RGB.. JK im considering switching it out for a bequite or phanteks case mid tower with fans pre installed. no more than 100
(Original post by mxlik7123)
your case costs twice the price of your ram...
Any neat, recommendations ? My cable management is gonna be over the moon (hpoefully) OCD
Last edited by ToysAreUs; 4 weeks ago
ToysAreUs
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
I wouldnt build now but wait 3 weeks till Ryzen 2 benchmarks come out as well as Navi 5700 (although this may not be as attractive).
People are very hopeful of the next Ryzen 5 either 3600 or 3600x and it may also force the price of the 2600 down a bit.

The MB is fine although I prefer the msi pro carbon B450.
I would get the corsair MP510 for the ssd which is £5 more, but more capacity.
Not sure I would buy such an expensive case, but find one you like or consider 2nd hand. same for kb and mouse.
Same for graphics card. You might be just as well off with a 1660 or 1660ti.
Lot of savings could then boost your monitor to a 27inch 144hz version.

Your build is coming along though. Just case of priorities and what matters looks v performance.
Ok the case comes with 3 solid fans but i am thinking of dumping it it just looks so damn good in white..
The Cpu comes with a ok ish cooler
Gonna check out that corsair ram ofc ;D
About the new (3rd Gen AMD Ryzen cpus dont know whats going on here) Radeon RX 5700 cards, also confused ...they were meant to retail for like 350 but they are 600 on parts list am I looking at something wrong, have they yet to be released ?
If not hopefully stocks drop asap
the 1660ti was a consideration but it was so blinking expensive so I just put down the 2060 (not a fan no pun intended)FOR NOW prolly gonna change

If the components are the brain and heart of the computer, The peripherals /rgb case etc.are the appearance and I love myself some good looks however I am willing to make a compromise for better performance. Mechanical keyboards are so damn expensive nowadays but its a must in my eyes. Had my eye out on this:
Logitech 920-008475 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard And every other KB has to have cherry mx at least (expectations)

My list is always changing(hopefully for the better), it makes me so so happy hearing these thoughts.

Not gonna build yet buying parts over time

Case recommendations ?
ps I dont want a fat box of attractiveness but if its got good features I would love to hear
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
Ok the case comes with 3 solid fans but i am thinking of dumping it it just looks so damn good in white..
The Cpu comes with a ok ish cooler
Gonna check out that corsair ram ofc ;D
About the new (3rd Gen AMD Ryzen cpus dont know whats going on here) Radeon RX 5700 cards, also confused ...they were meant to retail for like 350 but they are 600 on parts list am I looking at something wrong, have they yet to be released ?
If not hopefully stocks drop asap
the 1660ti was a consideration but it was so blinking expensive so I just put down the 2060 (not a fan no pun intended)FOR NOW prolly gonna change

If the components are the brain and heart of the computer, The peripherals /rgb case etc.are the appearance and I love myself some good looks however I am willing to make a compromise for better performance. Mechanical keyboards are so damn expensive nowadays but its a must in my eyes. Had my eye out on this:
Logitech 920-008475 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard And every other KB has to have cherry mx at least (expectations)

My list is always changing(hopefully for the better), it makes me so so happy hearing these thoughts.

Not gonna build yet buying parts over time

Case recommendations ?
ps I dont want a fat box of attractiveness but if its got good features I would love to hear
Its vanity and up to you. Lots of people place great importance on the look of their build.
RGB is a thing but you pay extra for every item.

The new Ryzen is going to be released July 10th. The current 2000 series looks very good value for money. Use the sites I linked you to earlier to see what the tests say. the 2060 is a more powerful card than the 1660ti, same card no ray tracing. Look at the comparison vids and then make up your own mind whether its worth the extra ten frames of performance.

Cases are two types.
Current RGB ones with glass panels so you cna see everything.

Older ones with no glass panels you can pick up second hand.

Good case manufacturers imo.

Corsair, NZXT, Bitfenix, sometimes silverstone, Fractal design, Phanteks.

Completely up to you. Just do your research, read the reviews and post on forums where you can get other people to look over it.
I use hexus.net. Loads of ideas on pc partpicker as well. The point about making your own is you choose every part. I wouldnt rule out ebay for a case.
ToysAreUs
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Its vanity and up to you. Lots of people place great importance on the look of their build.
RGB is a thing but you pay extra for every item.

The new Ryzen is going to be released July 10th. The current 2000 series looks very good value for money. Use the sites I linked you to earlier to see what the tests say. the 2060 is a more powerful card than the 1660ti, same card no ray tracing. Look at the comparison vids and then make up your own mind whether its worth the extra ten frames of performance.

Cases are two types.
Current RGB ones with glass panels so you cna see everything.

Older ones with no glass panels you can pick up second hand.

Good case manufacturers imo.

Corsair, NZXT, Bitfenix, sometimes silverstone, Fractal design, Phanteks.

Completely up to you. Just do your research, read the reviews and post on forums where you can get other people to look over it.
I use hexus.net. Loads of ideas on pc partpicker as well. The point about making your own is you choose every part. I wouldnt rule out ebay for a case.
THanks for the advice buddy!!!
The sites you linked earlier, I can't seem to find them... if its hexus.net and partpicker your referring to Il be sure to give them a good read.

I am so exited for ryzen, if the new GPU is under 350 quid, i think I might get it and downgrade my RGB to interior cheap LED strips.
Iam going to check out some other cases you recommended. This PC is gonna gain family status with the amount of money its costing ;9
But I am just proud that its not like this guys Build with 128 GB of ram..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LkNAedP9U&t=311s
...What has this world come to
mxlik7123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
depends what games you play and are you going to overclock?
THanks for the advice buddy!!!
The sites you linked earlier, I can't seem to find them... if its hexus.net and partpicker your referring to Il be sure to give them a good read.

I am so exited for ryzen, if the new GPU is under 350 quid, i think I might get it and downgrade my RGB to interior cheap LED strips.
Iam going to check out some other cases you recommended. This PC is gonna gain family status with the amount of money its costing ;9
But I am just proud that its not like this guys Build with 128 GB of ram..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LkNAedP9U&t=311s
...What has this world come to
ToysAreUs
Rep:
?
I wanna avoid overclocking, games gta, fortnite, apex, cod online (zombies), csgo FPS basically
depends what games you play and are you going to overclock?
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
I wanna avoid overclocking, games gta, fortnite, apex, cod online (zombies), csgo FPS basically
Look at pauls hardware for simple build tutorials and hardware unboxed for benchmarking. they are youtube channels. Very down to earth.

The games you talk about are not demanding and you will be getting 100fps or much higher.
mxlik7123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i run those games with a £600 build easily . Ryzen 5 2600 and RX 580 so you can probably save a bit of money.
UrBusted
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A few years ago you could get a full spec build with a i7 4790k and a gtx 980ti for that price lol
rimstone
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
solid build mate, cant get any better bange for buck rn, though I'm one of those people that thinks, money should be spend on CPU/GPU over the case .
rimstone
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by UrBusted)A few years ago you could get a full spec build with a i7 4790k and a gtx 980ti for that price lol

doubt it, if he kept everything the same and they existed at the time of 4th gen intel. I7-4790k cost 2 times more than R 2600, as doesnt compare nowadays ( theyre shouldnt be compared of their eras anyways ) . AMD MOBO are always cheaper than intel ( intel overclockablke mobo as well cost a ton ) and can be reused with new chips, for that gen. 980ti cost atleast £100 more than the 2060. this build back then would have cost more, by about £200-£600. ( £100 for cpu extra + £100 for intel overclockavble mobo extra + £100 Gpu extra ( all of these are lowball sale prices ) )
Last edited by rimstone; 4 weeks ago
UrBusted
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
4790k = 240
980ti = 550
h100i = 90
1tb hdd = 35
256gb ssd = 45
g skills ddr3 16gb 1600 = 70
nzxt h440 = 80
600w gold = 80
asus z97 = 110
total = 1300
peripherals = 190
you're right my bad, must've been thinking of an air cooled 980 build
ToysAreUs
Rep:
?
Your advice has been noted
How is the RX 580 treating you with tougher games ? are its limits even visible ? if not I may consider it
The ryzen 5 2600 was my original choice but after seeing the x version was like 30 quid more plus could get cheaper after new processors come out I listed it.
I had the mentality "Once its built im not spending another penny" so I might as well cash in a bit more.
How was your PC'S date of birth ?

i run those games with a £600 build easily . Ryzen 5 2600 and RX 580 so you can probably save a bit of money.
ToysAreUs
Rep:
?
When did you make your PC ?****
How is the RX 580 treating you with tougher games ? are its limits even visible ? if not I may consider it
The ryzen 5 2600 was my original choice but after seeing the x version was like 30 quid more plus could get cheaper after new processors come out I listed it.
I had the mentality "Once its built im not spending another penny" so I might as well cash in a bit more.

Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
very bad pc build imo.
ditch the ryzen, intel is generally better for gaming, ryzen is better for applications involving rendering etc.
the monitor is terrible and all those components that can run games above 75fps are going to be completely useless with that monitor.
you dont need to buy anymore case fans either, you have 3 with the case.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago

All the answers are on hardware unboxed. The x version comes with a better fan and doesnt need overclocking. To save money you just change a few things in bios, but they are the same chip apart from cooler and slightly higher clock speeds. Ryzen has always been behind intel by 10-15% in games which ryzen 2 is mean to change. You arent going to notice anyway without a top range graphics card, that is the key expense. You are lucky its not this time last year as its a great time to build now because SSDs , memory and CPUs have all fallen dramatically. This time last year SSD and Ram could cost you £150 each compared to half that now.
ToysAreUs
Rep:
?
Interesting thoughts.
To all: the cpu and Gpu I have put down are very likely to change to a amd ryzen 2600 (what intel processor u referring to ?)
I agree with you for the monitors I don't know much and so I ask if 75hz of refresh rate is no enough, how high do I need to go because it already has 1ms response time , is the res too low?
Thanks for your feedback il update the list after my exam
(Original post by Gent2324)
very bad pc build imo.
ditch the ryzen, intel is generally better for gaming, ryzen is better for applications involving rendering etc.
the monitor is terrible and all those components that can run games above 75fps are going to be completely useless with that monitor.
you dont need to buy anymore case fans either, you have 3 with the case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.62%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.3%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.4%

Watched Threads