The Student Room Group

Oxford compsci

I want to apply to oxford but im not sure if i will be considered.
I take maths, further maths, art and physics. as oxford only consider 3 a levels and i am getting A*A*A*B with the B in physics, does that mean i can apply with the 3 highest grades, as in A*A*A* in math, f math and art ??

this is for the compsci cource
Original post by specimen45
I take maths, further maths, art and physics. as oxford only consider 3 a levels and i am getting A*A*A*B with the B in physics, does that mean i can apply with the 3 highest grades, as in A*A*A* in math, f math and art ??

You have to disclose all your subjects and grades when you apply to any university. If you haven't already read it, this page might be helpful. http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/why_oxford/standard_conditional_offers.html#Subject_Choice_at_School
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
They'd probably give you a 3 A-level offer that excludes art, if anything - universities may have a preferred list of subjects for CS. And you have to declare all your qualifications anyway.

Also keep in mind your chances would be slim with 4 A* predicted anyway - CS has very few places at Oxford.
According to their web site you can! They want A*AA, and the only grade requirement is A* in Maths, and you must have Further Maths too.
You must declare the B in Physics but (theoretically) they are not looking at it.
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses-listing/computer-science?wssl=1

Original post by specimen45

Apply for computer science and philosophy cos it’s ez to get into then switch to compsci like first week ezpz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending