Oxford compsci Watch

specimen45
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to apply to oxford but im not sure if i will be considered.
I take maths, further maths, art and physics. as oxford only consider 3 a levels and i am getting A*A*A*B with the B in physics, does that mean i can apply with the 3 highest grades, as in A*A*A* in math, f math and art ??

this is for the compsci cource
OxFossil
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by specimen45)
I take maths, further maths, art and physics. as oxford only consider 3 a levels and i am getting A*A*A*B with the B in physics, does that mean i can apply with the 3 highest grades, as in A*A*A* in math, f math and art ??

You have to disclose all your subjects and grades when you apply to any university. If you haven't already read it, this page might be helpful. http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/admissions/un...oice_at_School
Last edited by OxFossil; 4 weeks ago
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They'd probably give you a 3 A-level offer that excludes art, if anything - universities may have a preferred list of subjects for CS. And you have to declare all your qualifications anyway.

Also keep in mind your chances would be slim with 4 A* predicted anyway - CS has very few places at Oxford.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Klotild
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
According to their web site you can! They want A*AA, and the only grade requirement is A* in Maths, and you must have Further Maths too.
You must declare the B in Physics but (theoretically) they are not looking at it.
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...science?wssl=1

(Original post by specimen45)

SonOfSteve
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Apply for computer science and philosophy cos it’s ez to get into then switch to compsci like first week ezpz
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Are cats selfish

Yes (140)
61.4%