National insurance help Watch

HaddockRag
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Last October, I got a letter to register to vote. It asked for a national insurance number, which I didn't have since I didn't apply for child benefit. After 3 hours on hold with DWP to arrange the appointment+2 hours driving to the nearest job centre+30 minutes of having a form for the application filled out+2 months of waiting for a reply, I was told my application was unsuccessful since I did "not require the number yet". Now I'm trying to open an ISA, however the website requires my NINO. I'm 17 and going from y11 to y12 and I'm nervous that I won't be able to get a student loan for uni if I get rejected when I apply again. Please give some advice!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HaddockRag)
Last October, I got a letter to register to vote. It asked for a national insurance number, which I didn't have since I didn't apply for child benefit. After 3 hours on hold with DWP to arrange the appointment+2 hours driving to the nearest job centre+30 minutes of having a form for the application filled out+2 months of waiting for a reply, I was told my application was unsuccessful since I did "not require the number yet". Now I'm trying to open an ISA, however the website requires my NINO. I'm 17 and going from y11 to y12 and I'm nervous that I won't be able to get a student loan for uni if I get rejected when I apply again. Please give some advice!
take it higher,i'd ring hmrc and get it sorted.
HaddockRag
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
take it higher,i'd ring hmrc and get it sorted.
Ok sure, I'll try applying again and if I get declined again, will do so, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

Are cats selfish

Yes (138)
61.33%
No (87)
38.67%

Watched Threads