How do i stop dwelling on the past/bad decisions?

Watch
Megxn0
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Basically the title
Sophia970
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tell yourself your too pretty to be sad over boys
These things pass all a part of growin up x
Switzerland29
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Making bad decisions can sometimes haunt us for a while, but remembering it stops us from making the same mistakes again
MaxDav Mac
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Focus on something else, just tell yourself that it is what it is and you have to live with it. If you can, rectify it but don't obsess about fixing the problem. We need to remember that the earth keeps revolving around the sun and we cannot stop it, all we can do is embrace the current and hope for the future, nothing else.

P.S. Sorry if that got a bit hippy lol, hope it helps.
Megxn0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Switzerland29)
Making bad decisions can sometimes haunt us for a while, but remembering it stops us from making the same mistakes again
I don’t even just remember them, I think about them for ages, and how they have had a bad impact on my life it gets me quite down tbh
Megxn0
Rep:
?
(Original post by MaxDav Mac)
Focus on something else, just tell yourself that it is what it is and you have to live with it. If you can, rectify it but don't obsess about fixing the problem. We need to remember that the earth keeps revolving around the sun and we cannot stop it, all we can do is embrace the current and hope for the future, nothing else.

P.S. Sorry if that got a bit hippy lol, hope it helps.
Thank you, not hippy at all lol I know I can’t fix the problem which is kind of the reason why I get so upset about it, sounds stupid. And to make things worse I think about how ridiculous it is that I dwell on it so much??? So unhealthy
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Surely something good came out of it
Prussianxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm the same TBF. I just try to remember that everything happens for a reason and while those decisions may seem like they were bad in the short term, they may have had much better long term impacts that you can't actually see or predict.
Megxn0
Rep:
?
(Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS)
Surely something good came out of it
Unfortunately not, not yet anyways and I don’t see anything good coming from it anytime soon
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just learn to accept it, learn from it. Not much else tbh.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
you don't

maybe talk about it to people you trust or the opposite people that don't know you if it's bothering you a lot. it's good to talk about it more

i just distract myself with thoughts of the present and the future and if they resurface i just accept it. sometimes i think about things obsessively and then i know i need to walk away and do whatever i can to not think about it. i work out sometimes. i engage in hobbies. mindfulness.
Megxn0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prussianxo)
I'm the same TBF. I just try to remember that everything happens for a reason and while those decisions may seem like they were bad in the short term, they may have had much better long term impacts that you can't actually see or predict.
I hope you’re right, some of things weren’t even a big deal but I still seem to dwell and make it a big deal
Megxn0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
you don't

maybe talk about it to people you trust or the opposite people that don't know you if it's bothering you a lot. it's good to talk about it more

i just distract myself with thoughts of the present and the future and if they resurface i just accept it. sometimes i think about things obsessively and then i know i need to walk away and do whatever i can to not think about it. i work out sometimes. i engage in hobbies. mindfulness.
I was thinking to start gym to help also I tried stated writing a diary which I’m hoping will help YouTube said it will
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (175)
58.53%
I don't have everything I need (124)
41.47%

Watched Threads