The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bluenoxid
Law, work, yeah whatever.

I didnt find the Maths too bad in all honesty. EEE do have it a little harder than Chemical and Civil, but it is not too bad. Just as long as you keep on top of it. That is the key. Keeping on top of it.

Medics get the best action. But after seeing some of the places where they get action, it makes me want to throw up :biggrin: Rumours have it that some will screw anything with a pulse or remotely looks like it has a pulse :smile:

:eek: pfffttt:biggrin: HAHAHAHA! oh dude, you crack me up:rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 21
truly is Civil engineering that bad??!:eek: comments please from those taking the course.
Nah, I was just really stressed at the time and needed somewhere to vent.

Just be prepared to show some serious commitment.
Reply 23
To give another perspective, I've just finished my first year of civil engineering at Birmingham University and loved it. Most weeks I managed 3 or 4 nights of heavy drinking during the first two terms, in the final term i had to calm down a bit as i had to revise. I still did most of the work myself for group projects, had no problem getting my coursework in on time. The first year is pretty damn hard to fail. Our course is pretty close knit, much more so than other courses, about 15 of us regularly organise nights out together and went down to newquay for 4 days after exams. This could be because we have many more contact hours than most subjects, or beacause we're all lads on the course. Apparently it only gets harder from now on but we'll have to see...
Reply 24
daman982 or anybody taking this course, can you tell me the amount of maths/ theory involved in the course and the theoretical study and practicals ratio in the first year. thanks
Reply 25
Of the modules I took in the first year, statics and dynamics, fluid flow thermodynamics and heat transfer are entirely applied maths. Modelling concepts and tools focused on learning more maths and applying it to modelling problems. Electronics and computer systems was mostly maths.

design and professional skills, properties and applications of materials and my optional module did not contain any maths other than some basic arithmatic.

I had a lab session roughly every 2 or 3 weeks.
I think its funny how people judge their course on how much drinking they can get in. I am not a big drinker so its not a concern for me.

I think the ideal situation is not to work. I can afford not to work throughout my whole course and my next four years i will not be working.

Latest