The Student Room Group

I always care about people more than they care about me

Right, this may sound abit strange but I’ve realised that sometimes I get really strong connections to individuals people my age and people older I.e teachers or whatever but Ik they don’t care about me as much as I do about them. Why do I get such strong emotions when they aren’t reciprocated? Or am I just being self conscious ?
Omg same I always feel like I give and care too much even to ppl who hate me I still wish them the best and constantly help and advice them.I just always feel bad and think if that was me I would have wanted help so I should help this person. Forget second and third chances it’s unlimited chances with me 😂
Reply 2
Original post by Iamthebesr
Omg same I always feel like I give and care too much even to ppl who hate me I still wish them the best and constantly help and advice them.I just always feel bad and think if that was me I would have wanted help so I should help this person. Forget second and third chances it’s unlimited chances with me 😂

I am the same I find it really hard to hold a grudge at people, even if they truly have done me wrong, I guess I’m abit of a pushover or just really caring ?
Please don't change your basic philosophy.

The best way to look after yourself is to look after the people around you. As a generally sweeping statement as a broad approach to life.

It's the selfishness paradox. By not acting in a selfish way, you are, actually, in the medium to long term, acting in a way that is in your best interests.

Wheras people that act overtly selfishly, may get an advantage in the short term. In the medium to long term they are losing the willingness of the people around them to do them favours.

It's an I'll scratch your back and you'll scratch mine world.
It's not a you scratch my back and keep scratching my back and I might stroke your hand for a couple of seconds now and again world.

Please carry this attitude through to your work and business world. Look after your customers. Exceed their expectations and you should do fine in the long term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending