Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Let me know what you think???

I would say northamptonshire, its quite calm at times, but also not completely boring.

ReputationRep:
    sussex!

countryside and seaside.
    good shopping
    good weather

ReputationRep:
    london.
    so much to do...so diverse.....butt then again it can be too busy & expensive
    i quite like where i live..Reading.....its close to london.....has good shopping area....and of course..Reading fetival (Y)
    then again..i also like Manchester......
    basically it depends what you like....
    x

ReputationRep:
    ah we don't have good shops lol, though you can just pop of a bus to northampton or a train to bham or leicester. which is great

ReputationRep:
    i'd say its residents were unique. pretty much the only people who can use sarcasm well

ReputationRep:
    Manchester coz i has a bit of everything to do. Also the nightlife and music life are amazing.

Aside from that around the Cornwall area is VERY nice.

ReputationRep:
    Derbyshire - without a doubt - any part of it from Dovedale to the Peak District. The whole county of Derbyshire is marvellous, and even though I live there no more I love going back up there -

However, the seaside is my favourite sort of place, absolutely love the coast shame I hardly ever get to go there - So my favourite coastal place is a toss up between Mablethorpe, Lincs and Bournemouth, Hants

ReputationRep:
    Yorkshire - where all the friendly people live!

ReputationRep:
    I live in the Midlands near an area calles Earlswood. Its really nice and very quite (alot of countryside).

To be honest I would love to purchase a house up there because its close-ish to the city centre.

I am not a fan of beaches and stuff. As long as there is country side, lots of walking space and a quite area thats fine for me.

The houses are probably out of my price range in Earlswood though. I heard a few stars live up there.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Kent (but I live here so am biased) or Dorset (again, used to live there!).

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I do love cornwall lol. But i've never lived there. Always lived round here. Got plenty of places for all of us to get jobs lol.

ReputationRep:
    I would say Northern Ireland, but we are rather crap.

Soo, Yorkshire.

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between the Gower Peninsula, Swansea (specifically Oxwich bay), or the Malvern Hills, bordering Herefordshire and Worcestershire. Both for there fantastic views, tranquility (not all the time, but if you go on the right days), and ability for just break away from the rest of world and simply relax the day away.

ReputationRep:
    In England I'd say Devon

In Scotland I'd say Aberdeenshire

ReputationRep:
    Malvern Hills are wicked, my uncle lives at the top of a hilly thing and you can see for miles and miles, and he lives near his work (a geeky physics place), i do like it

my house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terryw)
    Liverpool. Its got everything and i live here lol
    No really it has culture, Europes biggest shopping centres, major attractions, beautiful mersey river, having the mTV awards here this year...it has loads i could go on and on...
    You don't even have the country's largest shopping centre! (which is Gateshead's MetroCentre, also, until recently, the largest shopping centre in Europe. It still is the largest in the European Union last I checked).

Northumberland. Fantasitc countryside (one of the few tranquil areas of England), fantastic coastline, more castles than anywhere else in the country, lots of heritigage and history, picteresque market towns which offer some of the finest standards of living in the country).

If city life was still your thing there's Newcastle (the real capital of culture 2008 ) on your doorstep. Great shopping, theatre, art and architecture.

But I expect Northumberland to get ignored, as always.

Edit: - Liverpool's largest shopping centre isn't even in the top three in the UK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ingdom_by_size

Its city centre is a beautiful world heritage site, I'll give you that

ReputationRep:
    I have to say that Northants isn't the first area to spring to mind. I did once spend a strange day in Northampton, though - what is with the bus station???!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol its a bit odd

Ok i wouldn't say northants is the best place in the UK, but its not a bad place to live

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.