boyfriends and crushes

Watch
bbfeeb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i have a small crush on a boy in my science class, and i know he likes me too (a few of his friends have told me). i think he's attractive and he seems quite nice but because i'm new to the school i haven't properly spoken to him before. i have him on instagram and i want to start speaking to him but i'm really shy and he seems a but shy too. any advice??
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
wow imagine being the new girl and some hot guy already crushing on you ... can’t relate

wait for him to make the first move
Owencutler
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just go for it and give the lad a chat. What's the worst that can happen? He'll stub you. I always find it best to carry out something even if you're shy because 1. You'll have a definitive answers and 2. You'll never regret it. I used to be really shy but at the end of the day we're all human, made out of the same **** so a conversation isn't gonna hurt anyone
bbfeeb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Owencutler)
Just go for it and give the lad a chat. What's the worst that can happen? He'll stub you. I always find it best to carry out something even if you're shy because 1. You'll have a definitive answers and 2. You'll never regret it. I used to be really shy but at the end of the day we're all human, made out of the same **** so a conversation isn't gonna hurt anyone
the problem is,, he's only in my science and we don't really sit near eachother. also his friends aren't really too close wity my friends so i'd just feel awkward walking up to his group and speaking to him, especially because it's a big group
Owencutler
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I get you. I would start in the DM's on insta, dip your toes in the water and see how it goes. If it goes well, maybe arrange for a walk and then see how things go. Comfort comes with time. I didn't go up to my girlfriend when she was with her friends until we were seeing. So talk on the DMs, I'm sure he'll be pleased and maybe chat in person when he's on his own. One last thing, he should definitely be making some effort himself because if he aint girl, kick him to the curb because he's not worth you're time
(Original post by bbfeeb)
the problem is,, he's only in my science and we don't really sit near eachother. also his friends aren't really too close wity my friends so i'd just feel awkward walking up to his group and speaking to him, especially because it's a big group
Kill3rCat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Talk to him. You have a couple options:

Innocent truth: go up to him, and say 'hey, saw you in science class. My name's [name], nice to meet you.'

Innocent lie: go up to him sometime and say 'hey, sorry to bother you, I heard that our science class later is in a different classroom than usual... have you heard anything about that?'

Tbh I'd probably use the second one, because it has plausible deniability, and is a good excuse for you to talk to him with an inconspicuous motive. Once you've got a foot in the door, you can start talking more 'I'm [name] by the way.' ... and then start chatting. Might be easier if you wait until he's either alone or only with one or two of his mates.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (133)
14.84%
I'm not sure (40)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (269)
30.02%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (432)
48.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise