Unsure of what route to go (Physiotherapy) Watch

Batman 02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I'm a 1st Year student doing Level 3 Sport. My plan was to go to University after college and do a Physiotherapy Degree. But I have been doing research about different routes/options instead of doing a Degree. I found out about Degree apprenticeships and it hooked me straight away. It's apparently better due to the work experience advantage it gives along with gaining a full bachelor degree.

But once I choose which to do, now my problem is how far it would be from home as I want to come home often and I also want to still have that freedom as I have now so I can e.g. still train at the gym. I heard that Physio is really a full on course especially on the 2nd and 3rd year with all the placements and workload so I don't know what to do and what to choose. I really want to be a Physiotherapist when I'm older but I also want to have that freedom while studying or if I do an apprenticeship.
What are your thoughts guys? Thanks!
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Batman 02)
Hi, I'm a 1st Year student doing Level 3 Sport. My plan was to go to University after college and do a Physiotherapy Degree. But I have been doing research about different routes/options instead of doing a Degree. I found out about Degree apprenticeships and it hooked me straight away. It's apparently better due to the work experience advantage it gives along with gaining a full bachelor degree.

But once I choose which to do, now my problem is how far it would be from home as I want to come home often and I also want to still have that freedom as I have now so I can e.g. still train at the gym. I heard that Physio is really a full on course especially on the 2nd and 3rd year with all the placements and workload so I don't know what to do and what to choose. I really want to be a Physiotherapist when I'm older but I also want to have that freedom while studying or if I do an apprenticeship.
What are your thoughts guys? Thanks!
Hi there, sorry you've not had any responses to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon!

Are there not degree apprenticeships close to home, if that's one of your primary concerns with it?
sophie_chu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I think it is a bit difficult to get specific responses as the physiotherapy degree apprenticeships are so new and aren't super well-known.

I'm doing a law degree apprenticeship so went through something a bit similar to your situation: traditional route vs apprenticeship route. I personally have found that I have been able to keep a lot of work/life balance but I think the reality of a degree apprenticeship like any other job + studying arrangement is going to take a lot of your time. I think for me accepting that and then getting into a routine was the best way to deal with that as I was already used to five days of school, a day of work and then a day of rest. My days are taken up in the same way now so I still have my day of rest and evenings to do what I like.

I also think it depends how much freedom you're looking for. If you want time to train at the gym once or twice a week then it definitely sounds doable. Even training every morning before work/school sounds doable in an apprenticeship - it's all about how you manage your time and make time for what you want.

I applied for both routes and then took time to consider my offers. I love my degree apprenticeship and haven't looked back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (128)
60.66%
No (83)
39.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise