seelawperson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i have so many books (mostly a-level books - politics and law) in BRAND NEW CONDITION. Does anyone wanna buy them lol. Otherwise is webuybooks legit? I am trying to sell them urgently
iBearHQ
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Which books and which board are they?
seelawperson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
see attached
(Original post by iBearHQ)
Which books and which board are they?
Attached files
BooksAndMoodle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've used WeBuyBooks once to sell about 100 books (!) and am happy to share my experience:

- The price they pay for a book is based on the current demand for it rather than what it originally cost to buy. A couple of books I bought for £5 and they offered me £25 for, many I paid £25 for and they offered me 50p. Don't try and predict what you think your books might be worth until you use the app.

- Most complaints on review sites about them seem to come from their app offering £15 or so for a book on the assumption it's in perfect condition but people send them a tatty old version they then offer them 15p for.

- WeBuyBooks used to, I don't know if it's the same now, charge you quite a bit for returning a book they offer to buy for less than they originally offered. Generally speaking, it's easier just to accept their lower offer.

- You couldn't when I used them sell two copies of the same book.

- It cost me a small fortune to send them every book wrapped in bubble-wrap and in a strong box. I never had any of my books rejected or downgraded by them, but again, many reviews seem to come from people sending a book in a simple large envelope and being surprised when it arrives damaged.

- You may well make far more selling your books through ebay or word of mouth, but you need to ask yourself if it's worth the effort.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I used eBay when I sold off old textbooks. They all went within a day for decent prices.
mohamadjamil03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If anyone's thinking of doing this, I'd highly suggest waiting until they do a "max £1 selling fees" weekend or something. eBay fees are literally such a pain in the butt and the offer comes around quite often.

Just checked and there's one going on right now (I think the offer ends on Monday).
(Original post by sinfonietta)
I used eBay when I sold off old textbooks. They all went within a day for decent prices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (52)
15.71%
I'm not sure (8)
2.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (114)
34.44%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.81%
I'm not a current university student (151)
45.62%

Watched Threads