Leaving/quitting apprenticeship Watch

AskingQsnow
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm a quarter of the way through my apprenticeship. Only really picked it so I had a full time position but i'm not enjoying it. It would make sense to stick at it and finish it but whenever I think of doing the same thing for still over a year I get depressed. Just not sure how i'd explain the gap in employment because it's gonna look bad franky plus dunno what exactly i'd do after this. It doesn't give me a standout qualification, I've got a superior one already. The workload isn't difficult though at the end of the day i'm never happy to wake up and go there.
TS33
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AskingQsnow)
I'm a quarter of the way through my apprenticeship. Only really picked it so I had a full time position but i'm not enjoying it. It would make sense to stick at it and finish it but whenever I think of doing the same thing for still over a year I get depressed. Just not sure how i'd explain the gap in employment because it's gonna look bad franky plus dunno what exactly i'd do after this. It doesn't give me a standout qualification, I've got a superior one already. The workload isn't difficult though at the end of the day i'm never happy to wake up and go there.
What level is it and what industry is it in?
TS33
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AskingQsnow)
You can try volunteering and developing new skills during your gap year which could show you were being productive
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's good, you took the first step in realising this isn't what you want.

The next step is, what do you want? What are your alternatives if you did leave this?

- I have personally left an apprenticeship halfway and one of the reasons why I did is similar to what you're experiencing
AskingQsnow
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TS33)
What level is it and what industry is it in?
It's equivalent of a Scottish Higher. Generic business and administration one. I really have no need for it at all plus I have better qualifications anyway.
(Original post by TS33)
You can try volunteering and developing new skills during your gap year which could show you were being productive
Still though how would I explain it all to future employers, omit it from my CV? Then i'll look like stupid surely.
(Original post by Xarao)
That's good, you took the first step in realising this isn't what you want.

The next step is, what do you want? What are your alternatives if you did leave this?

- I have personally left an apprenticeship halfway and one of the reasons why I did is similar to what you're experiencing
No idea. I do good academically but the thing is I don't really enjoy it so didn't go to Uni (I don't think I have enough funding years left + not really keen to do part time work in supermarkets etc whilst studying).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (144)
61.28%
No (91)
38.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise