Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'm going to sound like a complete fail with computers, which I am, but basically I've downloaded some past radio shows (Melvyn Bragg, In Our Time :]) and I'm wondering whether I'm going to be able to put them on my ipod which I'm getting in a couple of weeks. Apparently you can only put on files which are mp3s, but I don't know how to tell if these files are mp3s or not. Can someone please enlighten me? I've tried right clicking and clicking on properties and stuff but I can't figure it out. Thank you!xx

ReputationRep:
    right click > properties.. if type of file says MP3 sound file, youve answered your own question

also see if the file extension is an mp3 too, scroll across in the filename box at the top and see if the file ends with .mp3
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Ok I'm going to sound like a complete fail with computers, which I am, but basically I've downloaded some past radio shows (Melvyn Bragg, In Our Time :]) and I'm wondering whether I'm going to be able to put them on my ipod which I'm getting in a couple of weeks. Apparently you can only put on files which are mp3s, but I don't know how to tell if these files are mp3s or not. Can someone please enlighten me? I've tried right clicking and clicking on properties and stuff but I can't figure it out. Thank you!xx
    Give us the link?

ReputationRep:
    apparently it's not an mp3, its a RealPlayer Presentation, which I guess means I'm out of luck. Thanks though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    apparently it's not an mp3, its a RealPlayer Presentation, which I guess means I'm out of luck. Thanks though!
    You do know you can convert files right?

Alternatively, buy a media player with better file support.

ReputationRep:
    iPod's can play these file types

* MP3
    * WAV
    * AAC/M4A
    * Protected AAC
    * AIFF
    * Audible audiobook
    * Apple Lossless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MGT_90)
    You do know you can convert files right?

Alternatively, buy a media player with better file support.
    I had an inkling you could, do you have to get some kind of software or something?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 8, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.