Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi

i parked where i always do last night after babysitting and when i went out to my car this morning for work, someone had stolen my left hand side wing mirror. it was side on pavement, so wasnt hit by a car.

so yeah couple of questions...

where can i buy/get a new wing mirror for a vauxhall corsa?
    in meantime, are you allowed to drive without one?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well if its a right hand drive, theres no problem driving it, but try get it replaced asap.

Its complete craziness, lol sorry mate Iv had that happen to me =/ Was it one of them folding in mirrors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woofums)
    hi

i parked where i always do last night after babysitting and when i went out to my car this morning for work, someone had stolen my left hand side wing mirror. it was side on pavement, so wasnt hit by a car.

so yeah couple of questions...

where can i buy/get a new wing mirror for a vauxhall corsa?
    in meantime, are you allowed to drive without one?

thanks
    You'll pull a face when I say this, but ever thought about eBay? I'm sure there are proper "shops" that sell through it.

I doubt it'd be legal to drive without one - your visibility on that side will be reduced. I'll see what I can find about it...

ReputationRep:
    yeah its a right hand drive.

its mental, what would someone want to do with one wing mirror? its not like it was just bumped into and it fell off, because it was knowhere around.

yeah it was a sort of foldy mirror

ReputationRep:

its mental, what would someone want to do with one wing mirror? its not like it was just bumped into and it fell off, because it was knowhere around.

Maybe they were particularly vain and simply had to check their hair as they walked down the pavement.

ReputationRep:
    take it into a garage/ VX stealer and ask for a quote on it. if it's electronically adjustable it may well be a PITA for someone with no experience to change the whole housing.

ReputationRep:

You should stalk people in your local area with a Vauxhall Corsa of your car's colour - it was almost certainly them! Steal it back while you wait for one from eBay, then send them the bill for the inconvenience they caused you! :p:

Either that or it was a drunk chav...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.