Every individual has their own God. Watch

TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I understand many religions believe in one God, but it's come to my attention recently that although they believe in that, their actions suggest otherwise, God to one person is THEIR God, He looks after you and cares for you and your trivial issues and dilemmas like what Uni you go to and whether or not you do well in your mocks, and to another person God is someone who looks over them and protects them from bombs and gunfire in war-torn cities, what I'm getting at is that although a religion may believe in one God, this God is separated between all its believers, every believer has his or her own personal God, and I think that's what it comes to, the need for a God by an individual, more like a father figure perhaps, it's more like a support system than ONE GOD that looks over everyone, and although you may think otherwise consciously, subconsciously you have your own God, and so does everyone else.
cuber314159
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no, there is one God (John 11:25). God is all powerful therefore he can involve himself in many different peoples affairs. That being said, not everyone talks to the same God as many people really talk to Satan, thinking they are talking to God, Satan likes to think of himself as a God but eventually, he will be condemned with all his followers.
sherlockfan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
God doesn't exist.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by cuber314159)
no, there is one God (John 11:25). God is all powerful therefore he can involve himself in many different peoples affairs. That being said, not everyone talks to the same God as many people really talk to Satan, thinking they are talking to God, Satan likes to think of himself as a God but eventually, he will be condemned with all his followers.
I understand that some religions believe in one God, that's not my point, my point is that every person, whilst they believe in one God, have a subconscious layering that is THEIR God, whilst you may say God can involve himself in everyone's lives, that's not my point, my point is that everyone who believes in this God, whether it be the God of Christianity, Islam or Judaism, have a support system that is their own God, so they really just require a sort of powerful, mighty father figure, they don't truly believe their God is paying as much attention to others as He is to himself-herself.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by sherlockfan)
God doesn't exist.
Yes, that is my own belief, but I'm not arguing that topic.
HandsomeSorcerer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No truer words were ever said. We create our own reality and so divinity shows up in exactly the way we expect to see it. This too applies to the world and your life: see your life as blessed and abundant and that is what you will experience. See your life as poor and scarce, and you will manifest greater lack.

Jesus understood this perfectly (I’m not a Christian by the way, but Jesus understood how reality works) when he said “whoever has will be given more and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.”
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't really see the point in involving God in this or why we need to name it "God". Replace what you've described with any other word and it'd still have the same meaning.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
I don't really see the point in involving God in this or why we need to name it "God". Replace what you've described with any other word and it'd still have the same meaning.
Why don't you see the point?
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This must've sounded deep on your Tumblr blog...
Last edited by JohanGRK; 4 weeks ago
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohanGRK)
This must've sounded deep on your Tumblr post...
?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your title should say every religious person has their own God. I think God is non-existent, therefore I do not have my own God, but your title implies that I do anyway.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't have my own God so have to rely on my conscience, luckily it's nice and flexible
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Your title should say every religious person has their own God. I think God is non-existent, therefore I do not have my own God, but your title implies that I do anyway.
Well, that's why you read the OP, isn't it.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All that you've described is what makes up you as a person. The use of the word "God" here is totally meaningless
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Why don't you see the point?
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
All that you've described is what makes up you as a person. The use of the word "God" here is totally meaningless
What I've described is people who believe in a God of some sort, how each of them has their own personal God, I'm not talking about every person on the earth, so God here is literally my point.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well, that's why you read the OP, isn't it.
Titles shouldn't be misleading. Anyway, this is just my opinion so don't get too worked up over it!
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
God and guinea pig both start with G 🐹
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Titles shouldn't be misleading. Anyway, this is just my opinion so don't get too worked up over it!
Not worked up at all, just replying with the thought that it's not that big a deal
cuber314159
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I understand that some religions believe in one God, that's not my point, my point is that every person, whilst they believe in one God, have a subconscious layering that is THEIR God, whilst you may say God can involve himself in everyone's lives, that's not my point, my point is that everyone who believes in this God, whether it be the God of Christianity, Islam or Judaism, have a support system that is their own God, so they really just require a sort of powerful, mighty father figure, they don't truly believe their God is paying as much attention to others as He is to himself-herself.
as a christian, I know that God is all powerful and therefore can intervene in anyone elses affairs just as much as mine. if people create their own God to suit them then that is idolatry. the Bible explains precisely who God is and how to reach heaven. God should not be a support system and if someone sets a God up as so then they are guilty of idolatry.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cuber314159)
as a christian, I know that God is all powerful and therefore can intervene in anyone elses affairs just as much as mine. if people create their own God to suit them then that is idolatry. the Bible explains precisely who God is and how to reach heaven. God should not be a support system and if someone sets a God up as so then they are guilty of idolatry.
Try telling that to my mother in law - she asks God to find her a good parking space
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (525)
59.39%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.37%

Watched Threads