tahadrah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Basically..

I applied to Dentistry in year 12 where I got rejected by all my universities with no interviews. So after that I got my A-levels:

Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Maths - A
Physics - A

So i decided to take a gap year where I would reapply to dentistry and I got 2 interviews out of 4. But unfortunately I got rejected by Birmingham & Plymouth even though I thought I done good in them both. SO after that I applied to Lancaster for Medicine through UCAS Extra and got another interview but I GOT REJECTED AGAIN. So now I'm in the situation where I got two choices either to go through Clearing or study dentistry abroad in Bulgaria, where the tuition fees are 7000£ a year and living expenses are 6000£ a year and a 2500£ application fee. I honestly dont know what to do. I NEED HELP.

IS there any bursaries or grants or scholarships for studying in Bulgaria.

HELP !
sachinisgod
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you do realise that due to Brexit, if you have a degree from the EU, there would be a chance that you would need to pass qualifying exams which other international dentists do. Previosuly this wasnt the case as we were still part of the EU and a lot of students from UK studied Medicine and Dentistry in the EU because they could simply find a foundation job when they came back.

Im not sure what provisions the UK government have in place after we have left the EU but if you havent thought about this variable then please do because it might make things complicated for you in the quest to have a dentistry degree.
tahadrah
Rep:
?
I'm actually thinking of that now, whilst working doing more work experience and an interview course, maybe I can get in, but I can get in to europe right now.
(Original post by ltsmith)
reapply again? keep reapplying till you get in?

i don't know about dentistry but i do know some people who had to apply to medicine 4 times (4 yrs) before they got a place.
tahadrah
Rep:
?
That's just even more stuff to think about ?!?!
(Original post by sachinisgod)
you do realise that due to Brexit, if you have a degree from the EU, there would be a chance that you would need to pass qualifying exams which other international dentists do. Previosuly this wasnt the case as we were still part of the EU and a lot of students from UK studied Medicine and Dentistry in the EU because they could simply find a foundation job when they came back.

Im not sure what provisions the UK government have in place after we have left the EU but if you havent thought about this variable then please do because it might make things complicated for you in the quest to have a dentistry degree.
hwpo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Take another year out.

- Smash your UKAT
- Do LOADS of work experience
- Work on your interviews! Thats what is obviously letting you down as you are getting offers
- Apply to universities according to your strengths, i.e, if you have good GCSEs, apply to a university that weighs GCSEs highly.
- Completely change your personal statement

I hope everything goes well.
tahadrah
Rep:
?
UPDATE Got another interview for St George's for Medicine but idk any interview courses that run now.
student0299
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don’t think you can get grants or bursaries for European universities if you want to study Dentistry. If I were you I would reapply again because you did get two interviews this time so just practice your interview technique
Congrats on your interview for George’s. I know it’s for medicine but you have to also think about whether you’re set on dentistry or if you wouldn’t actually mind doing medicine as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
28.26%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (61)
18.94%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.94%
No - I live at home during term anyway (95)
29.5%

Watched Threads