How do you fight depression? Watch

StrawberryDreams
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Today, #HowIFightDepression is trending on Twitter as brave people share their stories of how they fight depression and the symptoms they experience on a regular basis.

So we want you to share how you look after yourself and fight depression, or any other mental health issue you may be experiencing. Maybe it's being religious with any medication you take, or ensuring that you take some time out and look after yourself, or making sure you at least wash on bad days or get changed into different clothes.

Whatever you do, share your stories below!

Also, remember that you can post anonymously in this forum if you wish; just hit the 'make post anonymously' button at the bottom left of the page
Amyspandas94
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have suffered with depression since my very early teens but the doctor refused to put me on anything. Only when I was 18/19 I changed doctors due to moving out and he put me on medication and I had some counselling. After taking various tablets, I'm stable (kind of, have relapses here and there) I enjoy exercising as I find that helps and also painting too is very therapeutic. I do have bad days where I feel really down and you know at times when awful things happen, I do have suicidal thoughts but my boyfriend of six years is my rock and helps me through everything and when I feel like this, a cuddle from him just does me the world of good.
Ben878 (LfL)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have tried many techniques like making ‘me’ time, treating myself. But, they only seemed to have temporary supportive effects, maybe at severe times it wasn’t effective enough. Reading about others in the past who went through struggle can help.

I think the most powerful help is to recieve a helping hand of encouragement from someone you appreciate personally. (Which is why depression alone is so dangerous)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (112)
58.33%
No (80)
41.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed