Mimi334
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi 👋 I have to say this so I can get some answers. I have been really stressed out since I got my year 8 end of year results for maths. I did not do too good and I am disappointed in my self as I know I could have done better. My question is, do you get put into sets according to your year 8 end of years?? Will this affect my GCSE results Thank you x
username4153272
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you are only in year 8 it won’t affect your GCSE results. It depends on how your school will put you into sets in year 9, but those sets will probably change anyway when you go into year 10 and you will still be taught the same content whatever set you are in. Seriously don’t stress about GCSEs now!! Go on mathsgenie and ask your maths teachers for help if you are really worried x
(Original post by Mimi334)
Hi 👋 I have to say this so I can get some answers. I have been really stressed out since I got my year 8 end of year results for maths. I did not do too good and I am disappointed in my self as I know I could have done better. My question is, do you get put into sets according to your year 8 end of years?? Will this affect my GCSE results Thank you x
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on your school - you'd be best off asking the teachers.
Don't worry about GCSEs. They're not important now.
usernamr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
use these holidays to relax and improve your weak areas in subjects so when you go into yr9, you are ahead of everyone and can work comfortably.
usernamr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yr 7 + yr 8 dont really matter as long as you can work harder and get back on track in yr9
Mimi334
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you 😊
(Original post by usernamr)
yr 7 + yr 8 dont really matter as long as you can work harder and get back on track in yr9
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (29)
18.35%
I'm not sure (3)
1.9%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (53)
33.54%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.9%
I'm not a current university student (70)
44.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise