megan2811
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Please don’t call me spoilt, you have no idea the stuff i’ve had to do to help my family before. I got two part time jobs to help her with bills while all my friends we’re out partying and having fun. I helped look after my younger brother when she was in hospital. I have taken many sacrifices throughout my childhood to help my mum, and i have never complained or moaned about it because i’d do it all over again if i had to.
I just wanted the opinion of other people on wether it was a lot, after my own my bills and outgoings and i’ll have about 700 left, which i’m aware is more than enough, plus this job isn’t even definite, only a possibility. I refused to be called spoilt by someone who has no idea about my life and what i’ve had to give up. It was only a question and after further conversations with my mum and my family i’m more than happy to give her that money. I wouldn’t call you immature or close minded because I have no idea about your circumstance, as you don’t mine, so please keep your assumptions about me to yourself.
(Original post by Xarao)
You are clearly spoilt. You even said your mum has been struggling all her life as a single parent and all you want to do is "make it up with flowers" LOL. Not only that, you counter-offered her like some sort of **** and said 150 instead?

Let me say it again, you're clearly spoilt.

What annoys me the most is you know your mum struggled through a lot yet you still want to argue about the 200. Guess you're too mentally immature to understand, what a shame.
megan2811
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know i understand that, i just didn’t know what to think as none of my friends are in the same situation and can not offer me advice. But thank you!
(Original post by doodle_333)
I think it's ok for parents to charge keep. 200 won't be far off what you use if you have a bit of food etc in the house. Perhaps offer to do chores instead of part? But ultimately you're still gonna have 1k a month to yourself so it's not a big deal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (82)
14.21%
I'm not sure (26)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (181)
31.37%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (276)
47.83%

Watched Threads