Career jobs in London Watch

Michaeljr1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have been getting a lot of rejection emails for roles which i'm qualified for, including trainee compliance and legal positions.

I even attended an employment workshop with a bank and was told that they believe that I am a good candidate for commercial firms. Although the job market is fierce, I do not want to settle for any menial job just because of short term finance. I have applied for my masters and have been accepted but I would rather be working full time in my career (pardon my story).

Is it better to to do a masters and qualify as a solicitor in the UK, whilst also taking other professional exams within the same year or should I continue applying for career jobs?

P.S I also currently volunteer as a legal advisor for a non profit.
Michaeljr1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
I'm a foreign qualified solicitor and law graduate with experience in finance and public policy. I feel finance is transferable in any jurisdiction subject to applicable laws and regulation.
The West Wing
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd just keep applying. I think masters degrees are of limited value for entry level legal jobs.
Michaeljr1
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
No, I was born in the UK and did my undergraduate studies in law here.
(Original post by J-SP)
You might be over experienced but under qualified then. Being qualified in another jurisdiction does not help with trainee lawyer roles - you will need to have completed the QLTS or GDL/LPC before you can work as a trainee lawyer.

Do you require a work permit?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads