Top 10 degrees in your opinion? Watch

onequestion805
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What are some of the most respectable and useful uni degrees, i.e best job prospects with a good salary, etc. Give me a list of like 10 please
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This thread is done to death in this forum and will end up being 20 pages as usual

To summarise most of them:
Name:  _98786154_uni_earnings_640_v2-nc.png
Views: 41
Size:  54.5 KB

I wouldn't rely on this at all as many factors come into play. You won't be hired for your degree, but rather experience and strengths.
travelcollegeguy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I agree that's why i think work placements are very important. it gives people the chance to work in the industry and to gain experience. I know a girl who went to the Caribbean on a work placement studying tourism management and now works their in some form of marketing.
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any degree that gets you where you want to go.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by onequestion805)
What are some of the most respectable and useful uni degrees, i.e best job prospects with a good salary, etc. Give me a list of like 10 please
What sort of job would you like to do?
onequestion805
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
What sort of job would you like to do?
I'm quite unsure tbh. I don't have any particular passions.
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There is no such thing as a top degree. There are things of your interest and then there aren't.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
@Moderators stop making the same thread to drive up traffic you shills
TheYehman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by onequestion805)
Just wondering why? Have you not got any interests you want to pursue? Don't just pick a degree because you think it's what other people think is good.
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
This thread is done to death in this forum and will end up being 20 pages as usual

To summarise most of them:
Name:  _98786154_uni_earnings_640_v2-nc.png
Views: 41
Size:  54.5 KB

I wouldn't rely on this at all as many factors come into play. You won't be hired for your degree, but rather experience and strengths.
I can't believe it. Geology and geography didn't make it? I'm surprised, especially about the absence of the former, which at one point was one of the most lucrative degrees out there (and that wasn't too long ago).
Last edited by Tolgarda; 3 weeks ago
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
I can't believe it. Geology and geography didn't make it? I'm surprised, especially about the absence of the former, which at one point was one of the most lucrative degrees out there (and that wasn't too long ago).
That chart is broad subject areas. Geology and physical geography come under physical sciences
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
That chart is broad subject areas. Geology and physical geography come under physical sciences
Ah yes, I didn't notice. Geography coming under physical science is a bit debatable though, because I doubt the human side comes under that. I'm surprised the Earth sciences weren't their own subject area either, but I guess it is what it is.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Ah yes, I didn't notice. Geography coming under physical science is a bit debatable though, because I doubt the human side comes under that. I'm surprised the Earth sciences weren't their own subject area either, but I guess it is what it is.
Physical geography is classed under physical sciences (with chemistry, physics, astronomy, forensic science, geology, ocean science and environmental science).

Human geography is classed under social sciences.

I think you’re overestimating the number of geology students in the uk if you think they warrent their own subject group.
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
Physical geography is classed under physical sciences (with chemistry, physics, astronomy, forensic science, geology, ocean science and environmental science).

Human geography is classed under social sciences.

I think you’re overestimating the number of geology students in the uk if you think they warrent their own subject group.
So, where's the 'social science' subject group, or is it covered by 'social studies'? Surely, since geography contains both physical and 'social' sciences, it would be better if it had its own subject group? Isn't economics a social science? I assume it has its own subject group because there are many economics undergrads in the UK?

As you can tell, I'm a little slow here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (137)
17.77%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.47%
No I am happy with my course choice (454)
58.88%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.88%

Watched Threads