are fast track a level courses gna save me from impending doom? asking for a friend Watch

gretelhouseg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
right so not to be melodramatic but my chemistry exams haven’t gone as well as i hoped they would, and i’m starting to realise that i’m facing getting two good a levels (history and english, for which i’m looking at As/A*s) and one sh*t grade in chem

i wanna do history and politics at uni and chemistry just has nothing to do with it - i feel that getting an unremarkable grade in it isn’t gonna truly reflect my aptitude for the degree course i wanna do! so, with that said, i was considering doing a fast track a level in either politics or sociology. they cost like £350 but only take a year to do and yeah i realise it’s probs super intense but honestly i think it’s really necessary for me.

what are people’s thoughts on fast track a level courses, and can any one offer any advice?

(also probs worth mentioning i’m taking a gap year, so i’m not applying till this september - how would i go about mentioning a fast track a level course in my personal statement/UCAS application ??)
Last edited by gretelhouseg; 4 months ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by gretelhouseg)
right so not to be melodramatic but my chemistry exams haven’t gone as well as i hoped they would, and i’m starting to realise that i’m facing getting two good a levels (history and english, for which i’m looking at As/A*s) and one sh*t grade in chem

i wanna do history and politics at uni and chemistry just has nothing to do with it - i feel that getting an unremarkable grade in it isn’t gonna truly reflect my aptitude for the degree course i wanna do! so, with that said, i was considering doing a fast track a level in either politics or sociology. they cost like £350 but only take a year to do and yeah i realise it’s probs super intense but honestly i think it’s really necessary for me.

what are people’s thoughts on fast track a level courses, and can any one offer any advice?

(also probs worth mentioning i’m taking a gap year, so i’m not applying till this september - how would i go about mentioning a fast track a level course in my personal statement/UCAS application ??)
If Chemistry is lost, then a decisive decision to drop is ok.
By fast track you mean you are buying an online course? Its the same one as 2 years except you cover it at twice the rate. As you are teaching yourself then you can do it as fast as you want.. Just work hard and keep on track.
Considering you are gapping then you can always take it again.

No need to mention in ps as you have to list it and the dates in the application anyway.
gretelhouseg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
thank you!
(Original post by 999tigger)
If Chemistry is lost, then a decisive decision to drop is ok.
By fast track you mean you are buying an online course? Its the same one as 2 years except you cover it at twice the rate. As you are teaching yourself then you can do it as fast as you want.. Just work hard and keep on track.
Considering you are gapping then you can always take it again.

No need to mention in ps as you have to list it and the dates in the application anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads