Getting a job at 16 Watch

zenyab23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey, so I really want to start working after the summer holidays so that I can work through sixth form. I just finished my GCSE's I've never had a job before and don't really know the process of applying or even looking for a job. Any advice or suggestions for good places to work at 16? Thanks in advance
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by zenyab23)
Hey, so I really want to start working after the summer holidays so that I can work through sixth form. I just finished my GCSE's I've never had a job before and don't really know the process of applying or even looking for a job. Any advice or suggestions for good places to work at 16? Thanks in advance
Most shops, supermarkets, cinemas, restaurants, fast food places, cafes, tourist attractions etc etc take on people aged 16 and over.
Look on indeed.com as there are a lot of jobs on there. Also look on companies websites as some places, e.g. mcdonalds tesco, aldi etc have jobs on their websites and require you to apply online. Also look in shop windows.
It might also help to have a CV made ready.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by zenyab23)
In terms of finding vacancies:
- you can try asking friends or family if they know of any suitable vacancies going at their workplace as this can sometimes serve as a recommendation of you
- look at job sites online to see what is available in your local area e.g. Indeed, Reed, Total Jobs
- some companies may post on their own website or social media, so it is worth checking out
- some companies may post a sign in their window about hiring new staff, so keep a lookout

In terms of ideas for types of job, I would recommend working in cafes or restaurants. Staff turnover is high so they are usually looking to hire new staff. Some places hire those who don't have experience but have the right attitude and potential, and the job is easy to pick up with training. Restaurants in particular will mainly consist of evening and weekend shifts, so can fit around your studies, and you can also make extra money through tips.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.97%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.14%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7.14%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (26)