2.1 overall Watch

Anonymous987654
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Got a 2.1 overall however I have 48% in criminal and 58% in equity and land. The rest Of my modules are at a 2.1 apart from 3 which I received a first. Any chance of training contract, also got CDE for a levels.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous987654)
Got a 2.1 overall however I have 48% in criminal and 58% in equity and land. The rest Of my modules are at a 2.1 apart from 3 which I received a first. Any chance of training contract, also got CDE for a levels.
You wont know until you try. Do your research and target your applications. Imo your A levels are problematic plus youve given us no idea as to what sort of firms you are looking to apply to. Also no idea about the rest of your application or experience.
Anonymous987654
Rep:
?
I want a training contract with a city law firm NOT high street firm.

I actually have 3 years experience in a high street firm, I completed a 2 month internship in a law firm in turkey. I have 1 Mini pupillage and I engaged in my university pro bono clinic and I’m currently volunteering with free representation unit .

Commercial experience: working in retail since 16 and I have managerial experience for the last year
Completed a 1 year internship in bp prior to university.
Last edited by Anonymous987654; 3 weeks ago
LpoolLawStudent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous987654)
Did you apply for vac schemes or TCs during your studies?
Anonymous987654
Rep:
?
I have one vacation scheme for next August and I have 1 work week experience in corporate law with a high street firm. Going to apply to more vacation schemes next year instead of training contract whilst I study lpc. After I complete the lpc im considering doing 1 year temp work as a paralegal in corporate/ commercial law. In that year I will be applying for tc hopefully after I bag some vc in my cv.
Last edited by Anonymous987654; 3 weeks ago
flatlined
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m an associate in a city firm.

Your chances are exactly 42%.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous987654
Rep:
?
What can I do to increase my chances.
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is anecdotal so not that helpful, but just so you know there's hope I failed my criminal law GDL module and got two offers (from regional firms mind you but I didn't apply to any city ones so you never know!). Alevels is definitely a factor for firms - one friend got AAAC and is routinely grilled about the C during interviews.

There are top firms who absolutely are big on undergraduate averages from what I found in my firm research (I guess they get so many excellent candidates apply so need to be!). Is it worth sending some emails out to ask how closely they take undergrad modules into consideration? You might get some useful answers if the info isn't on the website.

You've just got to be a bit more tactical and do your research well.
Last edited by laurenlodge; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads